Bootstrap 5 Table Generator - First Attempt

Following the Brian English’s Wappler Unwrapped - which appears to be for version 3 and BS4 - I was able to figure most of the differences of W3 & 4. As this is my first data connection, I figured I would just connect with BS5 and learn all of the latest versions (Wap/BS). I got to the point where Brian’s video said connect and display the table. All I get is the header - no table. Database connection (MySQL) does show the appropriate fields and I don’t see any errors. This is my first week with Wappler - so I’m asking for:

1. Direction where/how to troubleshoot this
  2. It seems that most training is for BS4 and W3. Can you recommend a location for W4 training?
  3. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thank you Brian English - you got me to this point

You need to include a data source on your page so that you can populate the table. Here I have populated the table using a data detail as the source.

You can then delete any fields that you do not wish to show.

Thanks Ben - Interesting - in my novice troubleshooting - that field had the individual fields listed instead of the connection query. I started a new server connection (read that on another thread) and followed the steps again. Still no data displaying.

Should this field be empty:

Just press OK

Update - When I use select * and not individual fields the table populates. Haven’t been able to get back to this for more troubleshooting but I wanted to put closure to this post. I will update early next week.

1 Like