Bootstrap 4 badge element?

Morning all,

I am loving Wappler so far. As someone who has hand coded many custom databases, I don’t think I’ve ever had this much fun developing. I plan on purchasing as soon as my trial ends.

So to my question, I’m simply trying to add a bootstrap 4 badge but I can’t find a badge element anywhere. Is this not possible? Is “make badge” perhaps a setting on another element that I’m not seeing? I couldn’t find anything searching here.

Thanks in advance,
Twitch

I’m not sure if the options appear in other situations too, but if you create a button and select it, you should see:

Thanks for the quick reply, @TomD. I’ll have a look when I get back to my computer. I’m guessing that setting creates a badge within the button label and you can disable the button and remove any text from the label.

Thanks again!

Tom is correct, you can create an ‘anchor’ Badge by using the button component.

If it doesn’t need to link to anything then you can just handcode a static bade component:

<span class="badge badge-primary">Primary</span>

I believe Bootstrap 5 will also use the same classes for badges.

I’m sure you can do all of this. Eg this is probably a typical example - the button’s appearance and the badge value are dynamic, just using the Wappler UI:

Thanks, @max_gb, I’ll probably just end up doing that as I’ve been hand coding Bootstrap for years, just figured I’d use the UI as much as possible.

I’ll also look into @TomD’s solution as well.

I ended up using a link and put the badge style on it. I also needed it to change dynamically so I added a few toggle class with conditionals. Works well! Thank ya’ll!
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.56.05 PM Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.56.28 PM