Boat Dealership Showcase

link

Started the project having never used html/css before in my life, 9 months to production working weekends. Has a complete backend with dynamic everything. Still tweaking some pages for looks, etc, but 95% finished I’d say at this point. Averages 400 users a day during our summer months.

Literally could never had attempted without Wappler managing the DB connections, very happy with how the entire project turned out.

14 Likes

I believe rest 5% of development is UI 'cos somewhere it’s a bit “dancy”. :slight_smile:

And I believe full Wappler’s magic is happening in back-end.

Everytime I see something related to the US, lakes and boats.

Oh yeah…and @baub

3 Likes

@JonL You know me! I’m a boating fool. This pic was on our way to set the Guinness Book of World Records for Longest Boat Parade earlier this year! But we fell short of the record. Maybe try again next year. We have to put Lake of the Ozarks even more on the map!

And any boat fans out there, this is our 1979 Searay 300 Weekender with twin 350’s.

3 Likes

Nice boat, we sell mostly aluminum in the NW but have a nice fiberglass maker in town I get to ride their boats every so often for video shoots. :smiley:

Thank you for sharing your site! It is a delight to see real sites in use that were built in Wappler.

I really liked the video you have on your homepage. I see video used a lot, and often I don’t see the point. The minute the boat zipped across my screen toward the menu navigation I was like, I wanna get one of those!

Great work, and again really appreciate sharing your work.

What are some of your “last 5%” goals? I always encourage folks to think about their websites in the shower and in traffic and think through customer scenarios … could a customer do X if they wanted? Y? Z?

Often new ideas aren’t too difficult to implement and you never know what the market is dying for until you try it :slight_smile:

Again, congrats on the site!

2 Likes

Appreciate your comments, really wanted to try and give a “wow” moment with the video but also knowing videos can be problematic with loading times, mobile, etc so I spent a lot of time using conditionals based on screen sizes to load different video files of various sizes, etc.

The last 5% goals are mostly cleaning up messy css styles and getting my responsiveness spacing all set. I’m not 100% happy with a few of the pages but there is only so much you can do with a dealership site, I will post our old site below for reference lol, dealerships are 15 years behind on everything :grimacing:

The atrocity is below
just why

2 Likes

It’s better than geocities hosted websites :joy:

2 Likes

This makes sense, it is hard to pull off the effect you did of a quick loading, dynamic video but it is worth it in the end!

Ah, the elusive last stretch! I am familiar with trying to catch that slippery last 5%

Hope the new site is a wild success!

1 Like