Blog Tutorial Needed!

We should really start more competitions like this as Weekly challenges

Would be a brilliant idea. Would give loads of brilliant videos on how to do various things. Will have a little time this evening and take a look at what I can do.

1 Like

Confirming, I have to write a blog for customer website so I will develop video when completed. (Wont be tomorrow though, give me a little time!)

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers & treatises!

I started using PHP, MYSQL, CSS, JS, HTML in 2000 – that would be 18 years ago
Built first websites in 1996 using database storage for a directory.

Have built a few hundred sites with Wordpress since 2003
All requiring separate databases aside from the WP tables for add-on Events scheduling when situations did match Wordpress plugins.
This also included Real Estate sites that had back-end Real Estate Managers accounts.

Also have built many databased Field Personnel Reporting websites .

I have used also Dreamweaver for years, custom WordPress based proprietary commercial software, PHPRunner, etc.

What I was trying to point out is this —

Teodor’s tutorial does NOT build a blog. It DESCRIBES BUILDING a Blog.
DESCRIBES the general processes.

I was asking if Wappler is not the perfect platform to actually do what thousands of programmers FIRST-- programming is their biggest skill – DO when they build a Product for a special purpose.

BUILD or TUTORIALIZE BEST PRACTICES for 2018-2019 Database dependent software.

Nobody has to educate me on what one can FIND or Google-ize in terms of Software development.

BUT WAPPLER is WAPPLER!

Why for the next five years should I be content with going all over the internet to see Best Practices with some other IDE software ?

The fact that you can skin a cat 99 ways doesn’t mean those are all 99 really GREAT ways to create brilliant custom software.

I read constantly and for the past 2 years I am looking at seemingly a new app framework & stack every week.

My main reason for getting Wappler was to FINALLY SETTLE down into one software development tool that I can use on both Windows AND Mac and that can also serve as my Mobile APP tool.

A Tutorial or three on COMMON databased applications that I then use Wappler for to convert to PWA’S for instance, would be Time-Saving.

I know I’m not the only one who is buying into Wappler Pro to get up and running with someone smarter than me showing off their skills on how they PROCESS internal functions with the crispest, fastest responding PHP, JS, MySQL, CSS coding of recent trends.

3 Likes

Lucky man to have a Daughter in Web Programming & Design!

This is showcase for booking system … you can create easly with wappler …
included fullcalendar.js and webphone

can make a video showing how to use fullcalendar with wappler @s.alpaslan please

Of course ,but I’m not at home or office . ( mobile phone)
If this is urgent problem maybe @Teodor or @patrick can help.

I used dmx.parse(serverconnect1.data.query1) . This will return json but your time field (start and end) have to be true time format (ISO8601)

https://fullcalendar.io/docs/events-json-feed

1 Like

Where did dmx-parrse come from, sorry I have never seen that one or heard of it, just wondering.
Will dmx-parse take any database query and return all the data back in json format?

Please check this post @psweb

yeap its return all the data back json format

dont forget ‘ondone

1 Like

This is the kind of stuff I love to read
Someone else’s brain & experience pointing to the best or quickest way to provide the connections that process one step to the next!

1 Like

This is really a great site that Wappler recommends –
REAL WORLD in action

https://www.learnwappler.com/wappler-built-website-showcase-demo/

Thanks @NewMedia, unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, Wappler has changed so extensively from the making of those videos that I honestly think I am going to just move on to a new training set of a project I am almost finished with currently.
The new project will also be easier and better with the way Wappler has arranged their toolsets.

1 Like

Great! Thanks, Paul, for the Update!

The principles and workflow are still the same Paul. So your videos make perfect sense starters for custom web site builders

I agree George, but to be honest i think with my knowledge of Wappler now and with the newer Wappler tools now I could probably do that same site in half the time.
Also while creating this new site I have been writing down certain things and making notes to make it far quicker and easier when I do the training on it.
Wappler training better than ever, coming soon…

2 Likes

Well just as we are improving Wappler with all the great new stuff and you also learn better ways to do stuff, so you should also update you videos!

I know it is time consuming but I thing you should consider updating regularly, like every couple of months - depending on the amount that needs to be changed/added of course

Agreed, unfortunately when I did the first video, the project i used was never initially created with the intent to ever show a tutorial, so it was quite difficult.
This new project has been done from the ground up with the intention of showing it in a tutorial. Also the new videos will be done in such a way that I can recreate small parts of it where needed, pretty much exactly like you suggest.

3 Likes

There’s one more thing that I hope that is incorporated in 2019
The more advanced Mobile App technologies that don’t wrap code in the Corona SDK system.
So that the latest , higher performance apps can be created all inside Wappler.

Wappler is really already the most superior all-in-one Web Application Creator in the world.
Really amazing workflows, deep-deep attention to detail!
SUPERIOR Development Application for a wide range of User experience
& makes a fantastic Teaching Tool for Newbies.

1 Like

I would really love to know this. I’ve been using WordPress for many sites and I really wish to move/migrate them to Wappler… I am hopeful that Wappler would be much lighter and faster in terms of speed and load time.