Bind Data to Select not showing in Properties - Options not showing in properties

Wappler Version : 1.9.5
Operating System : Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

When you click on a select input you should see the options to add and delete text and values. You should also see the option to bind to dynamic source. This has always been there on previous versions

Actual behavior

No option to add or delete items, nor is there an option to bind to dynamic data.

How to reproduce

New document.
Add App Connect - Add Bootstrap - Add Data Source
Add a form - add a select

…YOUR TEXT HERE …

This has already been reported a few times and it will be fixed in the next update.

@Teodor

This multiple reporting is becoming common and must be irritating the hell out of the team
However it is not always easy to find the associated bug reports so this will probably continue. Certainly I was guilty of reporting an already reported bug yesterday even though I did look for as report before reporting.

Have you considered some sort of “Current reported bugs under investigation” list so members can check that list before reporting issues?

2 Likes

well usually when you are entering a new bug - related bug reports should appear on the right side of the editor.

Also when you do a search in the forums for similar bugs - those should popup.

But seems not everybody notices that, or just don’t do a search first

Having worked in development teams we didn’t find it irritating. Sometimes multiple reports were quite helpful with debugging other OS issues as not all were exactly the same, also highlighting other issues which could be resolved at the same time which may not have been reported, although very similar…

I usually check those responses but admittedly I think I failed to do so while reporting the same bug. Guilty! :frowning:

I agree. A lot of the time they have different titles. I’m also guilty of this and yes I did look yesterday.
Perhaps a bugs since last update section would be good to narrow it down.

This worked for me…

If you have an existing dynamic select from previous code you can copy and paste it into another until the fix is made.

Example:

Setup your repeat then insert the following. Then replace the bold areas with your data.

dmx-bind:options=“ sc_list_states.data.list_states ” optiontext=“ name ” optionvalue=“ name ” required="" data-msg-required=“A state is required.”>
Choose State

This is now solved in the just released Wappler 1.9.6

4 Likes

@George thanks for the early release. I thought I was going to have to wait until Friday (Aus Time) :slight_smile:

1 Like