Better Documentation for every feature in Wappler

Hey there,

It’s been something a lot of people have already asked about: a better documentation.
It would be great to have a short explanation at least for every feature we can see in Wappler. Sometimes just a sentence is enough and sometimes a sentence with an example is better…

I imagined something (see the picture below), a simple blue question mark near every feature so if we need more details we could just click on it, and then be redirected to a doc page or just see an information in a tooltip.

What’s your opinion? I know Bubble has something lke that and it’s very useful, any time someone needs more information, every single feature is documented, and like I said, at least with a small sentence, we don’t need a full 1,000+ words post for everything. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think that Wappler’s theoretical feature set is fantastic but the documentation is obsolete and insufficient. I would say that for version 4.0

1. Freeze present feature set
  2. Solve all pending bugs
  3. Create new and up-to-date useful documentation that mirrors the UI, like Bootstrap

All IMHO.

Best.

Jay

4 Likes

I’d like to see a new section with templates (like on Bubble) with ready-made solutions. It would also help to increase the popularity of this software and show its potential and… please, create a documentation for making Apps for iOS/Android (with tutorials on how to use/configure the most popular plugins).

Wow, you read my mind! I was thinking of posting something similar.

I think too that Wappler’s features are fantastic, but as a new user, I’m constantly struggling to find where in the docs it describes what I’m trying to do or to find relevant examples.

I know it takes time, but I think good granular documentation and context sensitive help and examples would be invaluable.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I think a product like Wappler would be very hard to document everything and keep it up to date. There would be literally thousands of things to document with more added each week. I think they do a good job at documenting the major features (such as Stripe integration) and quickly answering remaining questions here.

It’s a very small team that does a tremendous amount of work each week. Yes, I too would like to see complex documentation. But that would require a full time documentation person. As it is now that would take someone like Teodor out of the support community. That would be a bigger loss.

While I’d love to see more documentation, I think the team has achieved a good balance between documentation and support.

2 Likes

Maybe come up with a way to easily update sections of the docs as features are added/updated. If it became part of the process then I’d hope it wouldn’t be too time consuming. I know the initial job would be big but once done, keeping it maintained shouldn’t be too bad.

The docs they revealed a couple of months ago were an excellent start.

Or having more question-mark hovers within the program itself to illustrate examples everywhere?

Wappler has completely transformed my processes but I do spend time trying to guess something whereas someone saying ‘you should put something in like this’ would be a massive help.

2 Likes

Wappler is an awesome tool, and the team behind it is amazing too, we are all agree with that!
That said, even if the current documentation is great, it could be way better.

I know that’s a huge amount of work to create and maintain a very detailed documentation, but just like support for hosting companies, having a very detailled documentation has many good points:

• It reduces the amount of support tickets/threads
  • It increases the customer satisfaction, which results in more positive reviews and more clients.

In my personal and professional experiences, I can say without any doubt that it should be as important as the product itself (if not even more). :wink:

1 Like

New documentation including a complete reference of all possible Wappler components is already in the works at:

https://docsdev.wappler.io/

5 Likes

Do you guys ever sleep? Isn’t it like 2:00am where you are? lol

21:00 in the Netherlands :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome!!

I find this keeps the mind in good order. Sometimes I go about it back to front thinking this may get complicated. I then create my own complications only to realise it was simple, refactor to the simple approach, and then appreciate the ahhhhhh that is how you do it moment with a cup of tea and a joi*t, while I nod to myself appreciatively towards Wappler… Content and satisfied with the outcome.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I dream of my mind being in good order :wink:

2 Likes