Beta 2: Pages Mode

Actually, these features will be useful. If we could search the descriptions as well as file names, it would be really useful.

I like it, but have to admit, I thought it was a quick template builder (was quite excited about that) and was surprised that I couldnā€™t see the structure when I created a new page and only got a blank page.

As I say, I really like the UI, but like others, I am not sure I would use it, other than some basic options. I struggle as it is to keep my designs named and structured, never mind having the appropriate icons.

I would be useful to have them automatically match based on the type of page I created, either through matching title text or having a simple categorised dropdown on page creation.

Pages are a good way to go to make it simple as per Webflow

Just thought Iā€™d in some positive feedback on this. I think that people new to Wappler who didnā€™t have any development experience ( like me a few months ago :grin:) will like this.

It would have made my experience less daunting (along with the database designer) and slightly easier to pick up things and focus on learning other parts of Wappler.

Good job guys.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just come across a useful feature of Pages Mode - almost an extremly useful feature. Files and folders can be dragged from Windows File Explorer (I havenā€™t tried on a Mac) onto the Pages tab. There is a slight issue/bug that the file list doesnā€™t update straightaway.

I think there was a request for this long ago - to be able to drag files like this onto File Manager. If this could be enabled for File Manager, that would be great. The trouble with the Pages tab is that some of the folders are hidden (deliberately, I appreciate). So I can drag the dmxConnections folder onto the Pages tab, from another site, but I canā€™t see that Iā€™ve done it (even if the refresh issue is fixed). If there were an option to show all files and folders, that would resolved the problem.

To make it even more useful, it would be great if there were at least an option to show file extensions. You might well have .htm and .php files etc. in the same folder, but thereā€™s no way of seeing the file type unless you switch to File Manager. I think it was a mistake when Windows stopped showing file extensions by default (I think it was copying Apple at the time).