Best process for setting up on a new computer

I’ve just set up a new iMac to replace my old one and have installed Wappler and all is fine. I’m now restoring my projects using my Github repos but it doesn’t seem to be working. I managed to restore one project but can’t remember the process I ended up using!

I’ve entered the Github details and can see the past commits but when I try to ‘Pull from remote’ I get a message saying:
'no reference found for shorthand ‘master’

What’s the best way to go about this? If I create a new project and enter the Github URL in the ‘Clone Git Repository’ field, nothing happens. If I create the project with that blank, I can then put in the Github details and then see the commits but I get the above message when I try to pull the files.

Forget all of that! I’ve just deleted and tried again after updating to v2.3.0 and it worked first time!

1 Like

I think there is still a bug. I’ve just started another project which I’d already begun on my laptop and pushed to Github. I went through the process of starting a new project and entered the URL of my repo and got the same issue where nothing was pulled down and when I tried to do a pull, it said the same message as mentioned in my opening message.

I have now got it to work and it seems the issue is if I create the folder while browsing to the location it doesn’t work. If the folder already exists and is empty, it does work.

I think this is the scenario but I have tried several times before having success so can’t be absolutely sure.