Because it's fun! 🎉

The answer in the title answers the question “Why do we program?” So for those of you who like short answers you can stop reading now :grinning:

I think there are many reasons to start programming, but there is only one reason to continue programming. The use of our creativity applied to programming encourages us to learn new ways to solve problems.
But it is not only about being creative, but about giving functionality to that creativity.
So when something doesn’t work, it pushes us to solve the problem, as someone once told me “some people drown in a glass of water, others drink the water and sell the glass”. :wink:

Those who manage to solve a problem only expect to face new problems, so our mind begins to become calmer when dealing with each bug in our code, each function that from one moment to another stops working or a malfunction of hardware, etc allows us to develop as professionals who provide the service of improving, optimizing and developing tools so that people and businesses can connect, manage and store valuable information.

So we are professionals who solve problems but how do we do it?
Well I think that every programmer has that child inside who likes to play, investigate, think about things from an angle that no adult who has a structured and hard thought can.

It is that we programmers have an elastic type of thinking that adapts to each environment and problem, a type of thinking that after a while does not see a problem but a new game, a peak to conquer and that is the thinking of a child, for those of us who already spent years programming, programming is a game of logic and patience where you win and play again and again, losing means stop trying, stop learning and most importantly stop playing and I believe that once you start you never get tired of playing.

All this is very good, but it really answers the question “why do we program?” I think everyone deep inside knows the answer… (Spoiler Alert, maybe it’s the title of this topic) :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I fully agree with you. I would add that Wappler opened the door also to non professional coders or low coders like me to have fun in creating applications.

2 Likes

Why do I program?
So I don’t drink as much!

Why do I drink so much?
Because I program!

5 Likes