Be Able to Launch More Than One Wappler Window To See Design and Database on Separate Screens

Yes, it should, the display will simply show as display 3 which you can re-arrange in the normal way. Cheap ones from china via ebay generally work perfectly (around £10). USB 3 are best (i assume your dell has usb 3 ports) I use them on both Windows and also on a Mac mini via display port to add second display

2 Likes

Here is my HP Laptop with second monitor linked by USB to VGA adapter

1 Like

Checkmate!

1 Like

Not going to lie. I would love to have a second instance running right bow to help me port my php app to node!

This sparks the idea of workplaces in chromium tabs :wink:

My desktop

Wappler 2.8.1, 2.9.1 and 3.0.0. Beta simultaneously on a single Windows 10 machine using 3 monitors courtesy of Hyper-V

3 Likes

That’s cheating.

Not cheating, innovative, If it works dont fix it!

2 Likes

Any updates on being able to open more than one instance.

Trying to build a mobile app POC is painful when you have to switch between the Frontend in one project and the backend in another project.

… oh and for those who will do the “you have to plan your workflow…” reply. Please don’t as it will only show your lack of experience in building POCs and MVPs.

Thanks
Ray

2 Likes

Buddy! You have to plan your workflow.

Check my planned workflow:

PM flooding in 3, 2, 1…

1 Like

Ray talks about the opportunity to work with two different projects in parallel. This is really very necessary. The inability to work in parallel with two different projects now creates big problems for those who develop mobile applications or multiservice architectures that include several related applications. Personally, I spend about 20% of my entire working time only on constant switching between projects.

Isn’t that what he asked? The fact that I have the same project running on both instantes is just anecdotic. You can change the project for one of the instances.

I won’t divulge the method as I don’t want Teodor to hunt me down for increasing the amount of bug reports in this forum and in Sentry due to this workaround :slight_smile:

But it’s possible.

2 Likes

I didn’t notice right away that you opened two instances of the Wappler in parallel. A you’re good! :smile:

Share a secret :wink:

No really, be careful. Odd things can happen with Wappler by running several instances.

1 Like

Seriously speaking, I understand that hacking will inevitably cause problems. Therefore, I would really like an official implementation of this function. But your joke was great! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We hope to implement soon the multi projects open option in separate windows.

It takes more time than initially planned as we have to gradually rewrite our windows and project management.

9 Likes

Ha ha!

Welcome change it’ll be.

Thanks George

just a comment on planning database structures in advance… That would be really great if the structures never change, but I have several of my main clients that decide they want something new added all the time. Oh it would be cool if we could add this feature etc. all the time. So pre-planning database tables is great, but life doesn’t ever seem to work out like that. Would be cool for multiple monitor support.

1 Like