Barcode Generator and Printing Integration

Hello Guys,

I was working on a project of inventory management system, which requires the generation of barcode and printing that barcode from a label printer with some additional info on it, I was checking Wappler documentation to see if I could find anything that I can use for my website development. Are there any suggestions?

Please help me out in this topic if you have any suggestions or threads for me to follow will be great as well.

Thank you

Hi Mohit.
Connecting to external hardware is out of scope of Wappler.
You need to check with the vendor on how/if they support printing from browser.

We have seen (not developed) a couple of printer integrations which require browser extensions to be built or running some java/python service on the machine to communicate between your web app and the printer.

Hello Sid,

Thank you for your response, As barcode scanners work as an extension of input devices such as keyboard, mouse or any other input device. using them to scan barcodes is not a problem for my browser and label printing from browser, I can customise the code to create a page with only my required details and print it to the label. My real problem is the actual generation of the barcode.

Can I use dynamic data to generate a barcode In Wappler?

Yes you can.

If you want to do it on client side, here are a couple of discussions around using an API service to generate QR Code:

If you know some other barcode generator library that works on client side, you can use JS to integrate that. There is also now custom client side component capability in Wappler, which would result in a better UX - but it has a learning curve of its own.

Lastly, you can create custom extensions on server side, where you can use any npm/php library for generating the barcode. These are relatively simpler to build and use than client side extensions.

I could not find any extension for this in community, but it should not be that difficult to build.
I haven’t personally had a use case for this yet.

Thank you very much Sid, I think I have a general idea now on how I will be able to do it, thank you for the help.