AWS and Docker Questions

The new AWS docker feature sounds exciting!

I have no experience of Docker so sorry if my questions are quite basic.

Q1 - So if I have an existing EC2 instance on AWS, can I use the new features to make publishing my site really easy just by having Wappler create the Docker machine for me with the steps you have outlined, without doing anything more than creating a relevant user profile on AWS?

Q2 - my database is in AWS RDS rather than on the EC2 instance. Does this new feature you have just released support such a configuration?

Q3 - Am I right in saying that this new feature is not compatible with AWS Elastic Beanstalk since EB creates new EC2 servers from its own image you have uploaded via zip or the EB command line?

Q4 - If I am correct in what I say above, will anything come along from Wappler which is EB compatible or would I need to move to a single EC2 instance configuration to take advantage of what you have created here in Wappler?

Thanks for all the exciting innovation!

Antony.

Best is to let Wappler deploy a new EC2 instance for you. You do that in the Docker machine manager.
You can always trow away your old instance later on.

Yes that is even easier - on Wappler docker target info you just don’t select to use docker database but in the Database Manager just connect straigth to your RDS as normal.

In the Docker AWS hosting - you don’t need Elastic Beanstalk at all - just deploy with docker from Wappler - a single click and your EC2 instance gets all the new code and config as it needs.

You can even have multiple Docker targets like for staging, test etc and deploy to any as you wish.

1 Like

Thanks for those detailed answers @George!

So if Wappler creates the EC2 instance for me, then from what I understand of the AWS Environment, I will no longer be able to use auto-scaling and load balancing. Is that your understanding too?

My RDS database is not accessible from outside of AWS… so does Wappler give the ability to manage the security group settings when it creates the EC2 instance, or is that something I need to go and do manually in AWS?

The EC2 instance created by Wappler behaves just as any other EC2 instance on AWS. So you can fully manage it in the AWS console, increase its resources or add it to auto scaling group as you wish.

All further instance properties are managed in the AWS management console. That is its purpose.
Wappler just gives you a good head start by automatically creatiung the EC2 instance for you and also an easy way to deploy with docker. The rest managed in the AWS console

1 Like

HI @George How i know the user and password used on create of VPS automatic in AWS? Thanks!