Auto sync files to Electron directory/files

I’m building a Desktop app using Electron. I’ve installed the electon-reloader package and it works well if I manually edit the duplicated file that Wappler creates under the electron directory, but I would prefer to edit the normal file and have it auto copy the changes to the file under the electronn directory. This would allow everything to stay in sync and I don’t have to close the Electron app and wait the 100 seconds for Wappler to rebuild everything.

Reviving this topic to see if anyone has a workaround for this.

You don’t really need to do any synching manually, just close the electron app and run it again. On each run or build all the files are automatically synched.

That’s what I’m trying to avoid. I would prefer not to close and rerun/build for every change. I can’t develop for long periods of time without testing/seeing the changes. So I add something, then test in browser/electron (i.e. refresh), then make adjustments. That back and forth does not work efficiently when I have to rebuild electron each time.

1 Like

I simple close and restart takes just a second and you really need a full reload of your electron app otherwise no data will be refreshed.

A hot reload won’t work as App Connect doesn’t know which data to refresh so a full reload is needed to make sure you are not working with old data.

1 Like