Auto generated table form with Record, Add, Edit and Delete

I have a database table that I wanted to quickly auto generate a form that will allow Insert, Update and delete on the table record. Also will easily enable user login page and restrict access to only logged in user. That will increase developer productivity and improve time to market.
Thanks!
Oliver

This already exists under Generators as in:

Choosing the Form Generator will show:

See also this feature request:

I have generated the Bootstrap Table Form but not able to see any add/edit/delete options… Anyone can help?

Have a look at

10.25 for the Upsert form
13.12 for the Delete form

If you want to know more about the Upsert action, see

06:25

inline editing in table is not available in wappler as at now. Am I correct?

I am not sure what you mean by inline editing.

The way that is shown in the videos is the Wappler way.

I mean can edit on the table row as per attached image…

I think I will follow your way how wappler handle… Thanks.

In case you have other better way, please share with us…

1 Like

@phan Inline editing is not available natively in Wappler but I’ve seen something in this forum that created it from scratch using Wappler.

You could also consider using DataTables in your project, that has an inline editing option: https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/simple.html
Note: DataTables will require JQuery in your project.

OKOK, I will try. Thanks

@phan has suggested a COMMON CRUD table feature that has been around for years.
INLINE Editing of table data.
A feature that was rather routinely a part of various Application Generators in the PHP realm for over 10 years or more.

Wappler already has all of the information needed to dynamically write the full CRUD code for Inline Editing of a Table without having to manually create each separate function.

PHP Code Generators (at least 3 I am familiar with) offered these kinds of “auto generated modules” years ago in browser based Web apps, long before DataTables

@NewMedia If Wappler can have a ready feature than will be great as this feature is really needed for enterprise level database management system , such as ERP as master-details data entry screen for Sales Invoice or Purchase Invoice all in 1 screen is a MUST. as per attached sample.

SampleInvoiceScreen

Hope to hear some good news soon.

1 Like

The Zapier example was always easy with PHPRunner.
And has many display options and layout styles beyond this.
Such companies as Beiersdorf (Nivea Eucerin products, etc), Bausch & Lomb, Pfizer, Novartis, Bayer Pharma, Boehringer Ingelheim AG, etc. always liked an Excel style display with INLINE editing and Master-Details drill downs.

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for…By the way… if anyone has wappler example , node.js version on the above, please share with me…Thanks in advance.