Auto Complete and new value

in a form I have a text field that uses Auto Complete by taking the names of the cities from a View that groups the names with GROUP BY eliminating duplication.
It works great in finding the names of cities listed and saves correctly chosen values in the record
But if it doesn’t find any correspondence I would need to be able to type a new city and save it in the record
But if I type a new city it doesn’t remain it in the field and therefore it doesn’t save it
How can this be done?

Unfortunately that is currently not possible.

Years ago I had managed to obtain a autocomplete field editable with DW. I search it

Hi Teodor
I found how I had solved it on an old site with DW. The solution was to use an dynamic select (with query to retrieve a list of records) and adding only a few settings in the CSS file and an OnChange command
The result is that the select allows you to choose a value from the list (but not autocomplete) or alternatively a new value.
This is the DW code

So I tried to get the same result with Wappler, but I can only do it with static data, with this setting

Unfortunately, if I enter dynamic data, does not work the save field
It’s probably due to the fact that managing records with DW is completely different from Wappler, but I don’t know how it could be solved.
Do you think you can find a solution?

By trying and trying again, I still managed to solve the problem in another way
However I think it is a need for others too, so I suggest, if possible, to provide a solution also with Wappler

Hi Marzio

Please could you share how you managed to achieve this in Wappler, I have the same requirement.

Thanks, Paul

Hi Elpod
a few years ago I made a site with editable select with DW, and I thought I could achieve the same result with Wappler
But in this case I then solved it with a completely different solution