Authorization code to confirm the account users

The ‘Sender’ email address noreply@eventhub.bj looks like a non working one to me. If so, the confirmation wont be sent. The address listed there must be a working email address.

1 Like

How can I have a valid email address that works in this case? Thanks for your feedback

@RonaldoJ,

You would need to select from one of the email addresses that you already have or set one up. Any valid email address that you have access to will work.

Just keep in mind that any email address that you use will be viewable by whomever receives your registration confirmation.

If you do not have an email address that you want to use and can not set up an email address under any of the domain names that you may own, you can always use a gmail address.

Hello, As you indicated, I used a valid gmail address and it still does not work. Indeed when I register on the registration page as a new user, the page shows me an error message “Oops an error has occurred” however when I went to consult the db, I see that I registered and I even saw the authorization code displayed, however, I did not receive the code in my mailbox, I do not have access to the Home page of the future site under construction either, because of the error message.

This is a message that you defined on a notification whit a dynamic error event?
Doesn’t give much info.

Can you inspect your api and tell us what do you see?

Besides that

Is your email (gmail) allowed on your Google Admin console to send an email from external server?
If I’m not wrong, you need to enable some extra configuration

Your host setting is wrong.
Smtp.stackmail.com is specific to my host called 20i

You.need to specify google’s host which I believe is smtp.google.com

Okay sir I will replace and try

Hello wappler, Please help me detect the error in this message, and how I can resolve it, thank you for your feedback

Can you disable the Use SSL option and change the port to 587 ?

2 Likes

Okay sir, I will try this solution

Excellent! Sir. You helped me solve this problem. thank you very much sir :partying_face: :pray:

2 Likes

Good morning/afternoon/evening Wappler Community!

I am having a similar issue but I am not at the email send part yet. I stopped to make sure that the authcode portion would go in. I checked the form prior to starting this and it worked as it should, taking me to a confirm page that is setup.
I am using this as a subscriber/user with a specific role so we can have one login page so mine is a little different. I have 3 tables (currently using 2 users & subscribers). The subscriber table is where the auth code will go, the user table has all the other stuff.
My form works in the sense that it adds the user and subscription options in the two tables but the authcode info is not being but into the database. Even though the form adds part of the info, it throws the error saying that it couldn’t be processed.

Here are a few screenshots.

Note the 500 internal server error being thrown.

My API for the registration (honeypot goodies added after I get this part done)

The code of the form page to show what is included on the page.

Hello @Richelle_Anderson

Have you seen this?

Doing that we can see where the issue is :slight_smile:

Thank you. I just thought I searched :blush:

Stay tuned.

Okay. I do not know what the heck I am looking at. If the error is at Line 130, that part of the script is working since it is adding an entry in both the users and subscribe tables.

I am also attaching the register.php file zipped up to see if maybe that shows something. It is not updating the table (subscribers) with the authCode. register.zip (1.7 KB)

Thank you for any help as I am stumped.

Check the Set value step usercode
It doesn’t have a value and it’s required

1 Like

Yes, @franse is right. You just have to set the initial usercode setValue to ‘’ (empty , 2 single quotes no space).
Otherwise it creates an initial value of "\"… (at least on PHP)

From memory (sorry not near wappler), usercode should be something like
Usercode=codearray[0]+codearray[1]+codearray[2]+codearray[3]

(Assuming 4 digit code)

1 Like

That was it.
Brian, I think that part was skipped in the video. OOPS! What you said worked though. If we ever meet I am buying you dinner. Great job on the videos.

Thank you so much for your help. Now on to the next step.

1 Like

Will check the video when i get a chance