Are You An App Entrepreneur?

Hey everyone…

We all use Wappler for different reasons.

I am building a business to business app which I will sell, which makes me an “App Entrepreneur” (to be!).

As such I am going to have to do many other tasks alongside using Wappler, in areas of sales, marketing, customer support and management of an ever growing hosting environment.

I’d love to hear from other Wappler based App Entrepreneurs so we can share our experiences in all these other areas!

Best wishes,
Antony.

1 Like

My company, (wife and i) work together and do web app developent, digital marketing, social media marketing and contract customer services. Recently we have been focused on recovery strategies for failing companies which we have become quite good at. We simply pick up a contract with a struggling company we think we can help and provide our services in exchange for a shareholding. That motivates us to success as if we cant make it work our shares become worthless. It’s a gamble but a great challenge.

7 Likes

Thats an interesting business model, Brian.

2 Likes

Thanks to @Antony I switched over from Bubble before I really begun (thanks again) my journey.

I’m in the same boat as you @Antony and consider myself an entrepreneur to be. I’m probably starting later than you and am currently building my MVP and using it as the learning experience/training exercise before rebuilding the proper software.

So yes, I’ll be tackling all the same issues you will go through, from sales to marketing, security, scalability, support, growth, employees etc etc.

Personally, I’d love to hear more about your journey and how it’s all going for you?

Cheers
Phil

We provide data services to mostly legal and financial sectors offering bespoke solutions for client management. We tend to design with a philosophy that one tool must be able to encompass many roles, thus reduce the necessity for multiple tools, reducing overly complex environments to their bare minimum. Asset management also falls under this umbrella (and has become quite a large part of our business these days), for example property management essentially falls under the financial sector (short-term, long-term, and commercial), we include provisioning for team based services whereby groups work together to keep the investor in the loop. These assets could be property, luxury items such as cars, jewelry (watch collections for example), yachts, and many other interesting things like precious metals, stocks, bonds, shares, and data (some data is more valuable than the previously aforementioned asset types). The majority of our services are based on referral with barely any outward marketing. Its not really the type of thing that is open to everybody and we like it this way. Most are internal or hosted on our own infrastructure with very strict access requirements. Sometimes a bit frustrating as I’d personally like to share some of this with other users here… I often find myself bound by NDA’s so it is very difficult. I did have the go ahead to share one of our desktop applications but that is currently under debate after initially being given the go-ahead… Hopefully soon though as personally am very excited by the desktop environment and what Wappler can do in that regard… Just a a little insight in to Planet Dave…

:slight_smile:

3 Likes