AppConnect - Wrong Paths & Not Auto Expanding

Wappler Version : 4.4.5
Operating System : Windows 11
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySql
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior & Actual behaviour

I’ve been using Wappler for almost, if not over, a year now, and from my recollection, when opening an AppConnect window to create a binding, the window would automatically expand down to the parent element of the element you’re binding something to. Whether or not this is a bug, or a new design feature, I’m not sure.

Also, when connecting to the data of the parent (in my case, I have a repeat for phone numbers in a table cell (table is the parent repeat), we get absolute paths with [0] due to the above repeat obviously being an array, as you can see in the attached video. This is making development a lot slower having to always move to code view in the AppConnect window, and deleting most of the output, or, troubleshooting as to why the data isn’t outputting.

How to reproduce

Make an AppConnect binding withing a repeat.

Wappler - The Visual Web App Creator 2022-01-10 14-31-52

Not sure what should we see in your video? What problem are you reporting there, as I only see random mouse moves?

Are you sure are selecting the correct repeat expressions then?

Yes Teodor, I’m selecting the correct expression. Every repeat does the same thing.

As for what you should see is the AppConnect window expanding down to the cell like it used to do, as explained above.

Can you post a screenshot of your structure where the repeat expressions are visible in code view?

Hi Teodor,

Is this what you were asking for?

Yes, the expressions for the repeats look correct. Where do you see wrongly added expressions?

@Teodor, Sorry for the late reply.

I see them on every repeat when binding an expression within that same repeat. It’s like Wappler is giving absolute paths rather than relative.

But is it only with nested repeats? Can you show a short video what and where are you binding so we can see what is going on?

I’ve just noticed the screen capture above doesn’t show the AppConnect windows. I’ll double check that it’s only nested repeats, but I’m pretty sure it’s ALL repeats.

As you can see in the image below, the rp_familyPayments repeat row is not nested, and in the data bindings window (which won’t show up in my screen recordings for some reason) I’m still getting array bracket notation.