App Flow vs Page Flow

I can see that Page Flows have access to Page Components whereas App Flows do not
I want to understand more about their differences and uses

1. What is the purpose of App Flow?
  2. I can add both Page Flows and App Flows to my index.html page, what is the use case of adding an App Flow to a index.html (or any) Page

App Flowse are global. Unlike Page Flows, which can be used on a single page only, App Flows can be reused on multiple pages in your project.
Page flows are used on specific pages, where they are needed.

There is an option to add app flow to a page . Is this so it can then be run from the Actions of A Dynamic Event?

In Dynamic Events -Flow- Run Flow Step how do i specify a page flow

What should i write in name and in flow?

You create the page flows in App Structure …

I already created a page flow in app structure
I want to run it from A Dynamic Event of Button Click Inline Flow
What should i write in the the “Name” and “Flow” Fields of Run Flow Properties

Not inline flow … you need to run your page flow:

Yes i could the run the flow from the Actions
But in Dynamic Events Flow there is this Run Flow Step which asks for Flow Name and Flow I want to understand what is the use case for this

You want to run a flow from within another flow? Just enter the name of the flow you want to run.

Yes exactly. So should i just write flow2 in both the “Name” and “Flow” Fields? Can’t test it unfortunately there is some error preventing saving , made a separate thread for that

I tried running flow from another flow by name it did not work

I don’t really understand from your screenshots what exactly did you do.
If you have flow1 and flow2 on your pages, you can run flow2 from within run flow action in flow1 - that’s all.

I added a Page Flow Called flow1 to my app structure

I added a Dynamic Event Mouse Click to a button
In that i did not select Actions, i selected Flow ( i believe it is called In line Flow?)
In the In line Flow i added a Run Flow Step
In that I am asked to fill Run Flow Properties (marked in Yellow In screenshot above)
Which has two fields, Name and Flow. I Filled flow1 (name of my page flow) in both these fields.

The generated code ( in the yellow in screenshot ) says
run({subflow:{flow:‘flow1’, name:‘flow1’}})

Maybe if you explain what are you trying to achieve exactly it would be easier to understand your question.

Hi sorry for all the questions, i’m trying to understand what Run Flow does , i want to learn what it does .
In Steps => Run Flow
what is to be filled in the fields “Name” and “Flow”

In the Flow field you need to enter the name of the flow you want to run. Name is just the step name.

If there are issues running a flow from another flow we will check it.
But once again - maybe explain what EXACTLY you want to achieve on your page so maybe i can suggest a better workflow.

It’s just my second day with using Wappler and I wanted to learn it, didn’t want to do anything specific.
I could call the page flow from another flow using Run but not using RunFlow even though i mentioned flow1 in the Flow Field.