App Connect Flows: What am I missing?

Ok, so I have looked over the new getting started doc on Flows.

I have to say that a better example could have been thought of to show its powers. That use case was a little underwhelming to be polite.

Still searching for actual use cases of when and why I would use Flows? What can I do now that couldn’t already be done?

I feel like I am missing out on something that can be a game changer.

Agree it is a bit over simplistic example but jumping directly to major flows with complex data transformation might not make it clear what you can do with the visual flow programming.

We will be adding more docs with server connect and data iterations, but feel free to experiment and show off your cases.

1 Like

I look forward to reading more about examples people are using it for. But I can’t really experiment with it when I don’t know what it does or what I would use it for.

I really want to learn it as you guys always provide stuff I didn’t know I needed until you provided it. :wink:

1 Like

I actually used my first flow today. A very simple case but i needed to be sure 1 server action had finished before running another. Normally I would have to drop the second into the success event of the other, flow did it form me. Worked perfectly. Simple case but a great feature

I think part of the issue is that Wappler is already so flexible that most things can already be done, flow just simplifies it but I am now inspired to see how far It can take me.

So maybe coming up with a need is actually harder than implementing a flow solution

3 Likes

I haven’t still used flows yet, but there are times when in a dynamic event (button click), I have multiple events to be triggered, for eg, store in a session variable -> show a notification (conditional) -> submit a form -> make a button inactive to avoid resubmitting the form (or browser navigate to another page).

I think in these instances, I can bundle these flow of events into a flow & call it when I click the button. At the moment, all the above steps are hidden within the “dynamic event” of that button…

1 Like