App Connect - Breaking page

Hello Everyone,

I had a memory problem with my mac when working with Wappler.
I restarted my computer and Wappler was not opening…only the top menu was showing.

Then I downloaded the new version (5.2.2) and the same error: Wappler not opening… so, I installed wappler from scratch, and it is opening now.

The problem is that none of my pages are rendering!! Server connect not even loading to generate errors. No errors on DevTools as well.
To test, removed <script src="/dmxAppConnect/dmxAppConnect.js"></script> from the the page and it is rendering again, but obviously with no data.

Any clue? @George @patrick @Teodor

LOG:
report1666990037464.zip (590.7 KB)

UPDATE:

Downloaded version 4.9.1 and it’s working again…
I use a bootstrap theme since version 3 and always worked very well…there is something with version 5.2.2 that is breaking pages/conflict with dmxAppConnect. I would love to use the more recent versions.

Hello!!

Any updates on this? :frowning:

There aren’t any known issues of App Connect breaking like this. When you updated Wappler to the latest version, did you also update your pages afterwards with the latest App Connect and Server Connect?

When the page was not rendered, was it totally blanc or did it just have unrendered content/expressions on the page? When the page was blanc then check with devtools if there is a style visibility: hidden on the html tag. This is added when App Connect starts parsing the page and gets removed after it did finish, when there is an error during that stage it is possible that the page stays blanc.

Hello Patrick!

Yes, it is showing style="visibility: hidden;".

did you also update your pages afterwards with the latest App Connect and Server Connect?

How to do that? I tried to remove and add App Connect on the page, but still with no success.

I run Project Assets Updater and still, no sucess.

Tried everything, still not able to render pages on 5.2 version :frowning:

This is a silly suggestion, have you tried loading in an incognito window rather, I had a similar issue once, and it was because of a cache issue.

The page is hidden during the parsing, when it doesn’t show it normally means that something went wrong while parsing the page or it never started. When you remove the style attribute with devtools is the page and app connect components then fully rendered or didn’t it do anything.

btw. which browser do you use?

I haven’t updated anything but added some console logs for debugging. Please test with this App Connect file and tell what is outputted in the console.

dmxAppConnect.zip (26.7 KB)

Hello @patrick Thanks for your reply. Updated with AppConnect you sent, this is showing on DevTool console.

And when inspect the html:

When you remove the style attribute with devtools is the page and app connect components then fully rendered or didn’t it do anything.

Yes, renders the layout but without any data only {{placeholders}}

I use Chrome!

It seems like it never started the actual parsing, it should show a message All startup done, ready to start parsing page..

You’re not using Cordova or Capacitor?

In the console type dmx.__startup, it should return a set. When no Cordova or Capacitor is used it should be empty.

@patrick found the problem. It was my plugin files (from the theme) that seem to conflict with the new AppConnect… maybe?