App Connect as standalone framework

Yes but Appconnect is a great framework and I think it is should be promoted as a Vue, React, Angular alternative through the Wappler IDE. In one hand we have Wappler that is great but at the same time we have Appconnect which is a part of Wappler. Again maybe I am wrong but this is why we exchange ideas in here.

So I think it is a good idea to not just promote Wappler as an IDE but also Appconnect or Serverconnect for what they can do. In theory somenone can develop with Appconnect without having to use Wappler.

1 Like

Appconnect is great but you cant use it without wappler so you cant promote it alone.
on the other side you can use any of the framework you want with wappler.
so its better to promote wappler as a RAD tool for web devolpment

1 Like

Yes and thats the point of the topic. Although Appconnect is only accessible through Wappler this does not mean that is not a great React alternative. React is the most in demand Frontend framework globally right now and Appconnect is a great alternative which has so much more to offer than a WP alternative component. This is the exact point of my concern. Because if you just say ‘I am a Wordpress alternative’ or a just a ‘DW killer’ you underestimate the power of Appconnect and Serverconnect.

1 Like

Actually, App Connect can be used without Wappler, the difference is that Wappler facilitates the use of App Connect.

3 Likes

Actually App Connect is indeed just as powerful as React, Angular and VueJS and it can be used pretty much as stand alone as well. It comes most closely with syntax to VueJS actually.

We were considering to make it actually open source and release it to github, so more people can profit from it but are currently a bit too busy with Wappler itself.

3 Likes

of curse it can be used alone but you guys are not offering it. that’s way i said that.

1 Like

I think the framework needs to be documented in more detail for stand alone use(use without Wappler) I’ve had colleagues try do integrations with my work using app and server connect and it is difficult without proper framework docs and examples. But I think the focus now is and should stay Wappler as tool and what it brings to the table. Traction and take up will be faster than promoting yet another Javascript framework. The power is in the whole IDE experience and not the technology per se as mentioned above.

You are right, but we also need to demonstrate that the final result is not just a WP alternative. Within Wappler there is a true powerful framework called App Connect which is not just a bunch of snippets but an Angular, Vue. React alternative.

1 Like

Moved this to a new topic, so we can discuss it separately

This is the main reason why we haven’t done it yet. We don’t have the time to produce the proper documentation for App Connect as standalone framework yet. It is also a very different way of documentation - more for the code users. A bit like: https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/

But if there are people willing to help, we will definitely consider it.

3 Likes