API Data source results clear

I have a search input field that retrieves results from an API and displays it in a list view.

Is it possible to clear the results without sending an empty search string to the API again?

I want the user to clear the results by clicking the X in the search type input field. Currently I can only show and hide results by using the length function:

dmx-show=“search.value.length()”

But as soon as I start typing in the field my previous results obviously displays again.

Can you reset the form you’re using?

I have found a way to do it. Submitting an empty string to the API to get 0 results back and whilst doing that clearing the search field.

Needs an extra API call, but gets the job done.

Can’t you just do a form reset

1 Like

My search field is not inside a form. Just input and on enter or button press the api call is done.

Couldn’t you just put it in a form for the purpose of clearing the field?

I’m not clearing a field. It is API call data that displays as a list. So somehow I needed the call to clear and seems the only way is to send an empty search string to the API source

You should be able to do a reset of the api, just like a server connect. It might not be in the UI, so try:

ap1.reset()

Tried the api reset and it does not work.

Calls to the api in this case is free, so for now I just send an empty string on success event like this:

api_track.load({track: ‘’})

I see a similar issue discussed over at stackoverflow, only dealing with React response – but nevertheless, a javascript workaround …

thanks @NewMedia - I also saw that one, but due to time constraints and a free api, I took the short cut :innocent:

1 Like

So, your own workaround was as you posted?

I am just sending a empty string to API so it brings back nothing. Luckily this is the response this API has on empty searches, so it fit the bill:

api_track.load({track: ‘’})

track is my parameter used for the search field content sent to API

1 Like

this is the result - it clears after adding the songs to the selection list:

1 Like

Cool! Nice. As is this –

1 Like