API Connector only allows lowercase query parameter names

Hi, I’m using the API Connector to access one of my REST API data sources in Wappler. In the Query Parameter screen I try to enter the parameter name in the correct case userName, but the app converts it to lowercase - username. Is there any way to prevent the case conversion?

Thanks,
Neil

yes you are correct if using app connect api component. the component is parsed through DOM so are converted to lower case. This does not apply to server api parameters which I would recommend you use where possible anyway for security reasons. This has previously been discussed at length on the
forum

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I will search the forum for the discussion.

Think this is the most important one

Btw we will soon be improving the API connector to allow also mixed case parameters

1 Like

Hi!
New user, still muddling my way through on a trial version to see if Wappler will suit my needs. I’ve been able to find my way so far with the assistance of this rather excellent forum and community.

Just wondering if (as George mentioned above) the API connector has been updated to allow mixed case parameter names? I seem to be able to set the parameter names as mixed case and retrieve the schema, but once I save the schema it seems to revert them back to lowercase…

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers,
Ben.