API Connections

When is this coming?

1 Like

i have voted now
wappler is lacking in this area

1 Like

Well, I would have a better chance understanding how a time machine works before I could understand what you are trying to do, but I voted for it you since Iā€™m a good newbie and it seems like you have waited a long time - hope you get the new feature Tina :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe that the perfect api extension coming soonā€¦
We are waiting for your surprise @George , @patrick , @Teodor

1 Like

HI all,

this is most certainly a highly required feature for our banking app, Could you advise if this feature is being investigated, any road map? expected release date? is it past the consideration stage? @George.

Kindest Regards.

johnny hajjar

Yes we are already working on this feature - hope to have it soon

5 Likes

Iā€™m waiting with great excitement

Do I need the Json Externo feature as well, Howā€™s it going?

1 Like

Tutorial using External Json in Wappler

I know itā€™s not what we want ā€¦more help for now

2 Likes

@AdrianoLuiz thank you ,
we need to more option not just external url usage forexample Authentication etcā€¦

1 Like

Yes, I also wanted to. :pleading_face:

1 Like

@AdrianoLuiz
we want too :)))

1 Like

@AdrianoLuiz
i appreciate you taking your time to make a tutorial but you need to speak or write some text to explain what are you doing.
rotating the mouse cursor in circles is not that helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just to give you all heads up - we are near completion of our ā€œAPI Data Sourceā€ component for Wappler.

This will allow you to connect to any external API and gets its JSON data in Wappler.

Next to query parameters, we also offer settings custom headers that the APIā€™s might require.

So you will be able to access any API, even those requiring api keys.

there are many ones that you can use, here is a good list:

will that be sufficient to you? Or do you require access to very specific APIā€™s with custom/oauth authentication? Most of the public apiā€™s just require api key.

7 Likes

Hi George,

We connect to many external apiā€™s including Xero apis, which require OAuth 1.0, other apiā€™s we use require basic https Authentication and OAuth 2.

We also connect with Equifax Credit Scoring which uses SOAP APIS :slightly_smiling_face and returns a XML response, Which we convert to json using a conversion tool.

Will your new API data Source support the above mentioned?
Will it be server side(serverconnect) or ClientSide(appconnect)?

Kind Regards,
@George

Johnny Hajjar

Hi Johnny,

The current API Data Source is client side only. For usage within the App Connect data bindings.

As such it canā€™t connect by itself with oauth because it is going straight from the client browser to the API endpoint.

Later on we will be implementing oauth security in our Server Connect - server side framework, that will allow more complex authorizations, as you need to store secure tokens there and more complex server side stuff is involved.

So the current scope of API Data Sources will be mostly retrieving public available information, with or without API keys.

2 Likes

Hi George,

Sounds good, will the API Data source accept post and put requests with a body? or only get requests?
@George

Well it is Get requests only. Canā€™t think of many public api services accepting other requests without oauth authorization. Or do you have examples?

@George can I use this extension with
https://wiki.4psa.com/display/VNUAPI30/API+Client
https://wiki.4psa.com/display/VNUAPI30/Authentication+and+Authorization

yes absolutely, we make a heap of post requests using token based authentication, we send the token in the body, along with client ID and with additional identifiers, the 3rd party server process the data and returns a response.

Another example could be: we take form data bind it to json body, and post the data to a 3rd party CRM. system.

@George

1 Like