API Action is changing case to lowercase for Input Data fields

Wappler Version: 5.4.2
Operating System: Windows 11
Server Model: Capacitor
Database Type: N/A
Hosting Type: N/A

Expected behavior

Defined Input Data fields for API Action should not have their case converted to lowercase. Similar to how the Server Connect requires POST values to match case, the same applies for API Action, but it is converting the format of the defined Input data field to lowercase.

Actual behavior

The Input Data fields are converted to lowercase. These were entered as ActivityId and TaskStatus

How to reproduce

1. Create an API action and define Input Data fields with some capital letters.

Bumping for support.

Also in need of support on this exact issue.

@kfawcett have you found any way around this?

Let me check. I think I found a way around it, but need to review. Will try to respond tonight or tomorrow.

Try using the Dynamic Attributes section with an Input Data option.

1 Like

that’s interesting! thanks for the reply! I tried it, but it’s not binding to the dynamic data…

Bummer. OK, it’s coming back to me now. This is one part of my app I put in the backlog because of these issues.

We just opted to make our API snake case to be able to handle this. It was working somewhat with the input data, but it was making two calls to the API in a weird way… Hopefully this can be addressed one day soon. Thanks for your quick help @kfawcett

1 Like