Anyone want to make a getting started video with me?

I’m a new Wappler user and am struggling to get to grips with it, especially since I’m using version 5.5.3 and quite a lot of the existing guidance is on older versions.

I’m wondering if an experienced Wappler user would be willing to take me through the initial steps in a recorded session which others could benefit from.

My project is a marketplace application for training courses, so we’ll need to cover:

• How to display courses, with filtering and search options, with featured courses more prominent than other courses.

• How to display the details of individual selected courses.

That would be a good start. After that we could cover other topics, but a basic intro on how do display data like this would be a useful guide imho.

Have you had a look at this?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC9W9UFjsV9f9vefe_ZSFQfb

Yes. Several times :grinning:

I tried doing exactly what you propose and recorded some sessions, etc. It didn’t turn out the way I wanted, so it’ll be great to see your results!

Best of luck to you…more educational content is always a good thing!

I have moved this to jobs so it gets the right attention.

This would be a great topic for one of the monthly Wappler Meetups. Maybe @mark1 could embrace this for the upcoming Meetup on Friday 7th of this month.

1 Like

Happy to get involved, cant make next meet sadly, will be sitting on a plane on route home.

I have actually been doing some mental planning re training while on holiday which I need to discuss with a few other ambassadors as a collaboration.

2 Likes

What a great idea!

4 Likes

I’d be happy to talk about this and share my screen in the next meetup.

Great Idea, Thanks!

Hi LemonPie, Thanks for reaching out and I will try to help. My apologies for the delayed response.

Are you able to make the Monthly MeetUp Friday, April 7, 2023 at 04:00PM/16:00 Enschede, Netherlands. You can find your time zone here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wappler+April+2023+MeetUp&iso=20230407T16&p1=1302&ah=1

Also what Country and Time Zone are you in?
Thx
Mark1

Yes I’ll join the meetup. I’m in the UK so it starts at 3pm my time.

Nice to meet you LemonPie - I will be embarking on a similar journey in the next few months as I will be building a website / app that hosts educational videos so would love to stay in touch with you about your journey.

Thanks,

Leo

Hi @LemonPie. Did you get it sorted after the meet-up? Sorry I didn’t get it working when you did the screenshare but I’d be happy to do a quick 1:1 if you’d like me to.

Cheers, Jon.

Hi Jon. Yes I got it working thanks. For some reason my changes weren’t being reflected in the browser. Even when I deleted the modal it still showed up. That despite clearing caches, using an incognito window, restarting Wappler and restarting my Mac. So, in the end, I deleted the entire project and started afresh and I now have the modal showing the correct table record. Thanks very much for your offer to help. I think I’m okay now, but I’ll let you know if I need a quick 1:1 if that’s okay.
Cheers,
Andrew

1 Like

Good stuff. It sounds like the hosting has some caching on there which would explain that. Glad you’re up and running now.