Any way to have multiple Wappler windows open?

Currently working on two projects at the same time and I was wondering if there’s any way to have both open at the same time but in different windows?

I’m running Wappler on Windows.

No, it’s not possible to use Wappler in different windows. You need to switch projects, when you want to work another one.

Is this feature considered for future releases of Wappler?

Yes, we hope to enable multiple Wappler windows soon. So you can have different projects open on different screens for example.

8 Likes

Glad to hear it, it would be a very helpful feature for our team.

1 Like

That would be really great for the mobile app development.
And recently we had a requirement for multi-domain setup where we needed single backend and multiple fron-end webapps. We decided to duplicate the projects.
With an option like this, we would have separated the API from website projects.
Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Great news! I’ll be able to ditch VS which I currently use alongside Wappler when working on two projects at the same time.

I will be able to retire my little screen share LAN party I have going with a few laptops that are only even on for multi window, haha.

Doing a little bump on this feature

1 Like

Now that we don’t have Wappler Beta to work alongside Wappler non-beta, what solution do we have?

George took the candy from us!

Are you on MacOS by chance?

Yes

You can run a second copy under hyper-v on windows pro

2 Likes

If you have more than one Mac available that can run current macOS, you can use Universal Control (YT link explaining setup)

Universal Control wasn’t something I cared about until I tried it. Now I use every Apple device that can run macOS to do various individual things and I can use my favorite mouse/kybd to control them all.

Since one individual can install Wappler on three machines, you could run three copies of Wappler (on 3 macs w/3 displays) and control them all with one set of keyboard and mice.

Only compliant from me is you can’t really use the setup with an iPad as the keyboard/mouse. It works but with a lot of limits. You need one Mac to be the main controller (and it can control iPads fine, just the iPads contorlling Macs don’t work as expected)