Any ideas for next steps troubleshooting? new development

Follwoing on from my sagas in thjis post SSL Error connecting to remote DB - Works in 5.8.x doesn't work in 6.2.1 I have a new development giving me some hope and looking for more ideas on troublshooting.

This morning i created a brand new managed DB cluster on Linode, exact same as the one giving me problems now, and Wappler had ZERO problems connecting to it in the current version 6.2.1.

Here’s a summary:

• Last week i stopped being able to connect to the remote managed DB (Linode) through Wappler
  • I could still connect to it through Navicat or DB Visualizer
  • Same issue if i started a new project or even had another user test from their Mac and same error
  • Rolled back Wappler to 5.8.x and it WORKED
  • Upgraded back to 6.2.1 and it STOPPED working
  • Last update as above. Created a brand new DB in Linode, exact same specs as other one and Wappler WAS able to connect in 6.2.1

I’m connecting simply via the host, username, port and password using the default SSL setting. For testing purposes i have opened up ALL IPs on the DB server

The fact that it connects now on a new DB cluster indicates something is wrong with the old DB. But also, the fact that Wappler 5.8 connects but 6.2 doesn’t indicates something wrong with Wappler.

Conflicting theories.

Based on this new development…any further ideas to troubleshoot? Or should i be logging a job with Linode?

Use DBeaver Community Edition to move everything from the old DB to the new DB, I wouldn’t waste any more time diagnosing :sweat_smile:

Edit: Maybe the PostgreSQL versions could be different for the old and new one, you could open a ticket asking for such clarification

If i didn’t have a production DB with a client using it i would :slight_smile:

You’re right though, i get bogged down in trying to fix an issue rather than just move on and wait for an update…or do something like you’ve suggested. It just eats away at me knowing there’s a fix somewhere lol