Android emulator won't start from editor

Wappler Version : 2.5.0
Operating System : mac 10.14

Expected behavior

Clicking on the “Run in Emulator” button in the editor should open the Android emulator if it is not already open.

Actual behavior

exec: cordova run android --target Pixel_2_API_29 --release --nobuild

Emulating your Cordova Project for android ...
Checking Java JDK and Android SDK versions
ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=/Users/pauka/Library/Android/sdk (recommended setting)
ANDROID_HOME=/Users/pauka/Library/Android/sdk (DEPRECATED)
Waiting for emulator to start...
PANIC: Missing emulator engine program for 'x86' CPU.

How to reproduce

Create a mobile project with an 8.1.0 Android target and click Run in Emulator.

If I run the emulator from Android Studio, every works.

Have you got the HAXM Intel drivers installed Ken? Not sure if it will make a difference but seem to remember something similar…

Hey Dave,

Ya, I think I’m good there…

1 Like

Sorry I can’t help further Ken it was a shot in the dark mate.

1 Like

C’mon man, you are the expert!

Not a huge deal, I’ve got a work-around…thanks for the stab!

1 Like

Hahaha thanks but like 99% of us I believe we all have a stubborn streak when it comes to getting these things working! :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe this will help :slight_smile: - Google is always my best friend :slight_smile:

Weird Android paths and installations …

1 Like

and this:

https://www.stkent.com/2017/08/10/update-your-path-for-the-new-android-emulator-location.html

I thought this is covered by Cordova … and Wappler is just running cordova emulate ... command

Thanks George.

I looked through those and could not find anything wrong in my setup.

If I open a terminal window outside of the editor, and paste in the command from Wappler, the emulator starts. I’m assuming this is because the PATH includes (as described in your links) the path to emulator before other references to tools

/users/pauka/library/android/sdk/emulator:/users/pauka/library/android/sdk/tools:/users/pauka/library/android/sdk/platform-tools

However when I check the PATH in the editor, an additional set of path’s have been added IN FRONT of those noted above so emulator is no longer first.

/Users/pauka/Library/Android/sdk/tools:/Users/pauka/Library/Android/sdk/tools/bin:/Users/pauka/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools:/users/pauka/library/android/sdk/emulator:/users/pauka/library/android/sdk/tools:/users/pauka/library/android/sdk/platform-tools

Can I remove those additional variables being added within the Wappler editor?

Hmm good catch. Yes we add the additional path so the Android tools are always found but now it seems it gives you trouble.

Will check it out.

@George Please update 7Frameworks for 5+

the same here

This is now solved in Wappler 2.5.1

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.