An app idea

Abandoned projects, plugins, interesting project ideas, starter projects, prebuilt apps, workflows, backend logics, and so on

I have an app idea for a marketplace where we as low-code/no-code developers can sell those things I listed above as templates. Most of us have projects in our repos that we don’t have plans for, what if there is an app where we can sell these projects to those who need it for starting points in their projects or for learning purposes or to cut down development time.

There are similar solutions already, but most of them are platform-specific or it’s meant for coders.

How pleasing does this idea sound to you? React to this post

Just my own personal opinion, but I like to know what every piece of code is doing and why it is there, so for me at least I would probably never purchase a template because I am too much of a control freak.

As far as me selling a template, I would personally not do that either, because I do things in such an odd way that most would need a 10 page manual just to use it.

But for other people it may very well be a good idea and huge time-saver.

3 Likes

My advice: don’t waste time on that.

1. There are not enough users to hidrate your marketplace in a healthy way. Your going to have a serious egg/chicken problem.
  2. The very nature of Wappler where source code is available makes it very easy to bypass any kind of license for the software.
  3. Related to 2), only Wappler through their UI are able to enforce some sort of licensing limitations and even then it’s not trivial.

Therefore only Wappler is in a good position to create a healthy marketplace.

2 Likes

I agree with what @psweb and @JonL have said.
There isn’t a big enough community for the Marketplace or there isn’t much interaction for it. But that doesn’t mean it will never happen because I guess the number of users who give up or complain after they start using wappler is very low . I think it is necessary to be a little more patient for Market Place.

( For a while, I have been following the creative solutions of many people every day (@psweb, @JonL, @mebeingken :wink: ) , even though I haven’t been able to contribute much to the community because I have a huge project at hand. )

3 Likes

I have not seen a repository on github, or a marketplace of “problem solving” templates or extensions where “what every piece of code is doing” is ever a mystery or intended to be a mystery unless maybe its functionality relies on encrypted apis or something.

for starting points in their projects or for learning purposes or to cut down development time.

Indeed, it is a strange argument against this proposal that contradicts the individual purposes or use cases or client or personal situations that will necessarily exist across a broad spectrum of Wappler Users.

Marketplaces like this are often popular simply as offering The Best Accelerated Learning Tools possible.