Amazon RDS connection error

Hi guys,

have you ever tried to connect an Amazon RDS database? I tried, all neccessary ports open in AWS. I can connect with SQL clients like SequelPro for Mac, etc.
When I try to connect with wappler, I everytime get the answer: connection refused.

The database not hosted on my webserver instance, it’s hosted on another instance. Is only possible to connect only localhost databases with Wappler?

thanks!

Have you read this thread?

Multiple instances should not be an issue, certainly the database does not have to be at localhost. Perhaps more detail on how you are trying to connect I.e. settings/ setting types and also your ftp settings must be correct as connection validation is performed by uploading connection files to your server, ftp must point to the web root which may not actually be the same as the ftp root

I try this way

I think you just have not setup the database/permissions properly if you see such an error message.
Please check:

https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/rds-cannot-connect/

Thanks, but I can connect with another client from my computer, it works. Connecting with Wappler not works, thats interesting and this is my problem :slight_smile:

Well, your client is not connecting the same way as Wappler. With Wappler the connection files are being uploaded to the selected target and then the connection is made from there.
You cannot compare these.
Please double check the permissions, authorized sources etc…

Ahhhh I see, so it can be the problem! Thanks!

Hi Creati,
Did you ever manage to successfully connect to MySQL on AWS? I had to use a rds ca bundle since changing providers but have never been able to connect successfully.

Kind regards,
Brian

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I’m using MySQL on RDS with Wappler.
I initially was unable to connect to any MySQL server, however the issue was with my hosting service and after switching to different hosting service I was able to resolve the problem.

Can you elaborate what exactly is the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried connecting to RDS from a different web server? XAMPP is a pretty simple web server you can set up for this purpose

1 Like

Hi Creati,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am running on MAMP and can connect to MYSQL on RDS using PDO or MYSQLi. I need to reference a certificate but in Wappler, I always see an error. The PHP version is quite old so that might be an issue but hearing that you have been successful is reassuring - thank you!

Best regards,
Brian

Hi Brian,
yes, now working. The problem was that I forgot to open the OUTGOING port 3306 on my VPS Instance.
You have to open this port in the Security Group of the Instance (EC2)

Hi Creati,

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll ask the team to check this out next week.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
Brian

1 Like

Hi @brian, works connect any client MySQL with your Amazon EC2?