Alerts/Notifications and Websockets?

I am happy to say that with the help of this fantastic community and the amazing Wappler 5 I have my first Node.js project started with a working login and logout. Hosted on Heroku with a PostgresSQL database. Might not seem like much but it’s a huge step for me.

Anyways, my question is, is it possible to show an alert or notification when a websocket updates some data on a page? If so, how?

Hey Brad, congratulations!! every step forward is a step in the right direction. Node is a lot of fun to use and even more with Wappler.
To answer your question, yes you can have a notification every time there is a data that is updated through websockets, you just have to create a dynamic event in the server connect for Success.

For example:

dmx-on:success="notifies1.success('HEY!')"

And thats all.
I hope it helps you and congratulations again.

1 Like

Thanks Max! That’s amazing. Looks like I can set a different notification based on what server connect gets updated?

I have to admit, for all the time I resisted Node.js, I am starting to see some value. It’s kinda fun and refreshing to work with after more than two decades of PHP.

The fact I can do this is just unreal. This opens a lot of possibilities.

1 Like

2 Likes