Advice, Details about accessing an external third party web service

Hi All,

As a part of our application we need to utilise a third party web service. The web service is used through XML requests and responses with a client certificate. I have the client certificate, but I have very little knowledge around this area, as my web development skills are limited. Does anyone know how this process works, obviously I need to set up a system that is able to make xml requests to the external web service using a client certificate and then I process and display the returned information.

Is there any functionality of this type in Wappler? Really, I am just looking for more clarification on how the process works and then what do I need to do to implement?

Thanks Everyone in Advance.

I believe the Wappler API handler only supports JSON, not XML (which is an outdated technology now).
Does the service not support JSON also?

Hey @Hyperbytes,

Thanks for the reply. I will reach out to them and ask if they support JSON. They are an institutional body though so it seems likely they are just using a more outdated technology. Do you know much about how the XML process works?

Not done xml for a long time but it was the old mechanism for AJAX calls, plenty of references on the net regarding coding ajax calls