Adobe to Acquire Figma

Another one hits the dust:

Damn.

:flushed:

Wait for Wix to acquire Wappler :alien:

I’m actually curious to know how many requests to be bought or VC invested the Wappler team received

news of sucking up to is always depressing. :worried:
if anything happens i hope Wapear is born out of the ashes

Well I think this is great news!

A desperate move by Adobe as more and more customers are leaving them and their products lack any innovations for years.

Now they are however forced to take a huge loan of 20 bln to finance the Figma takeover. So with that they will be also forced to double their subscription prices resulting in only more customers leaving.

The smart people of Figma will be quickly leaving Adobe with nothing and starting a new even more creative and innovative Figma alike independent initiatives. So any future Figma development will be halt and the product will slowly die if not cancelled by Adobe.

Also more people leaving Adobe’s lock-in ecosystem will re/discover much better tools like Sketch and yes Wappler. This has been always the case when Adobe takes other companies over.

So yes - great news :slight_smile:

PS. @Apple we do get investors offers on daily base, but we don’t need and want their money. We are very happy what we do and with the great community we have. Recognition, doing what we love and family is much more important for us than money.

14 Likes

Well said!

4 Likes

Appreciate your will and intent to stay indie.
Keep it up you guys.

3 Likes

What a guy!!!

1 Like