Adminer support for PHP and NodeJS

I’ve been using Adminer on a project and think it’s a great solution for those looking for a quick CRUD and not too worried about the visuals or permission system.

https://www.adminer.org/

It supports multiple databases, including MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite and MS SQL - essentially everything that Wappler supports.

Adminer itself is something comparable to phpMyAdmin or a database editor you might use. However, there’s also Adminer Editor which aims to be more like a CRUD with a separate set of login credentials different from the real database user and password.

Because it’s just a single PHP file, it’s very easy to drop into a Wappler website. For NodeJS, it’s a bit more tricky, but this project can serve as inspiration:

It would start a PHP server on a specific port just to serve Adminer.

Ideally, Adminer Editor authorization would be locked behind Wappler’s permission system, for a specific role (e.g.: admin). As far as I can see, it’s not appropriate to lock different table permissions into different roles - either you have access to the whole DB or not

https://www.adminer.org/en/extension/

I guess UI is not their priority which is OK given it’s a backend thing, but man do I want to rip my eyes out :smiley:

Believe me, I work way faster with that than using a low-code DB tool that starts with an N :wink:

And I use the Dark Reader browser extension, so it has a dark background :slight_smile: (though it also supports themes, apparently)

Nocobase? Nocodb?

Do you just need CRUD or are you after an internal tool like retool?
I use directus for that.

It’s the 2nd one

Huh, I just need to update some rows on a regular basis, not sure if what I need is a CRUD or an internal tool - that question made me confused tbh. I’ve tried Directus as well, but you’re a cheater! You’re not strictly using Wappler migrations if you’re using Directus :wink:

NocoDB is able to keep in sync with schema changes. I found Directus a bit unstable in that scenario, or even basic stuff such as renaming tables is not implemented

Their latest video showcasing all their features is very cool.

That is something I haven’t been able to figure out either :frowning:

I’m considering separating both migrations as they are in fact different apps. I’m researching their permission system to check if I can create a role that doesn’t allow to perform changes to the schema of the app database and just limits schema changes to specific directus tables.