Add Tooltips -- Exercise your Wappler rights - VOTE TODAY!

Please add tooltips, I guess there is a way to do it with bootstrap in the code but I’m sure I will mess it up - no rush, but try to get it into the next build :wink:

Hello @norcoscia,
tooltips and popovers are coming to Wappler soon.

2 Likes

I was just about to start a rally :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It might be useful if there were a webpage listing requested features, and if possible, some information about the status of any such requests. I appreciate it might be difficult to say when a particular feature might be implemented, but it would helpful be to know what was on the list - apart from anything else, so people don’t keep asking for the same things.

(As far as I know the current request hasn’t been made before.)

That is a great idea Tom - I did a search to see if tooltips had already been requested - it had been discussed but I did not find any evidence it had been officially requested.

Hopefully the great Wappler team can come up with a target roadmap for new features. We all know that schedules can change for a lot of reasons but it would still be nice to know if “soon” is – This month, next quarter or next year. Good input!

the requested features are all in the category feature-requests. You can there sort on votes to get the most requested feature.

But they are not in order of precedence, correct? That is why a roadmap would be great!

Thanks Patrick. This is a useful list, but probably not very useful. Partly as a result of the way people have created or replied to topics, this list probably doesn’t accurately represent the actual priorities (from users’ point of view).

To take an example from one of my not very useful posts. I replied to a topic where it was suggested that it would be useful if there were a shortcut to refresh design view. This might be fairly useful, but at least from my point of view, several other shorcuts would be more useful. I mentioned:

Switch between Design and Code view
Open in Browser - from either Design or Code View (and perhaps Preview)
also:
Shortcuts for Server Connect, File Manager and Search

I also mentioned:
there is no method/shortcut to jump to successive occurences of the search term<
… which I know has been mentioned by others too.

However, looking at the feature-requests lists, there is only one request for keyboard shortcuts - and it has 0 votes. I don’t thinks this represents what people want.

I just noticed that my request for a button to ‘Open in Browser’ from code view only had a single vote. I didn’t realise I could vote for my own requests; obviously I didn’t try. Now it has 2 votes anyway.

Tom, that’s the idea of feature requests category. People can vote for the features they want and this provides feedback to us as it shows which features are requested the most.
I know every request is really really the most important for the person who requested it, but we measure the votes.

Thanks Teodor. I realise this is how it works in theory - I just don’t believe it quite works in practice. Simply measuring the votes is obviously convenient but it probably requires some less automatic monitoring of threads to get a better picture (which I’m sure is done to some extent).

As in the example I gave, I expect quite often wishes or request are made in the course of a discussion - without being submitted as a specific request (I daresay they should be).

My most important requests were for bug fixes. I think they might have been just as important to others (and they were fixed by your team remarkably quickly).

I think some of the most important requests I and others have made are also important from the point of view of Wappler generally. Eg it concerns me slightly that potential new users may be put off by certain shortcomings in Wappler - eg features which are available in almost any text editor. I know Wappler is not a text editor, but for many users, this will be a crtical part of it; for new users, it may be the only part which they immediately understand and use as a comparison with what they know. I’m sure Wappler will be a match for other editors in due course.

1 Like

I mentioned a Tooltip request on 24/8 but then is was assigned as not possible.

You wanted to use the notifications plugin as a tooltip - that is what is not possible…
Tooltips are coming to wappler in a few days.

2 Likes

Your vote has being approved :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Wappler team ROCKS!!!

1 Like

We do need more Pizza :smile: :pizza: :pizza::pizza:

2 Likes

Tooltips are already available in version 1.4.0

Yes, I already put them on my web site that drymetal helped me get going- thanks!

www.mypizzamaster.com

2 Likes