Add support for Editor.js

Anyone is using it with wappler? Do you use alternative to editor.js?
Feedback?
1 Like

Very interesting project. Thank you.

@George how to move this to feature request?

@GlobaticoLabs as you made this post originally I just made this a feature request.

Hope this is okay with the team as I have regular role and this allows me to edit categories etc just making sure

1 Like

This editor is amazing and so modern. Would love to get it included with wappler ))

bumping this request to see if it can get more votes.

We’re actually working on a TinyMCE integration, as finally a good and well maintained html editor. It should be available in Wappler really soon.

6 Likes

Delighted to hear about TinyMCE @Teodor @George

Having tried RichTextEditor, Editor.JS, Quill, and so many others, TinyMCE is far ahead.

It’s very powerful, very closely aligned with api2PDF for PDF generation, it’s completely free, easily self-hosted, branding can easily be removed, and it plays well with Wappler.

2 Likes

I’ve also tried a few (editor.js, Quill) but settled on TinyMCE.

@scalaris We are paying for it though, are you using it for free in a big project?

We’ve also settled after trying quite a long list in recent weeks, so I’m delighted to see Wappler integrating it natively. That should cut down on our custom code and reduce issues with event loading/timing. We’re currently using the core freemium product at no cost - we haven’t had a need to use any premium ‘paid’ features as yet.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tinymce/tinymce/develop/LICENSE.TXT

1 Like

The lack of mentions/hashtags autocomplete in the free version is a bummer though.

Now you’ve mentioned it, it’s given me an idea for integrating @menus !!!

Time to upgrade !

Ah yes… we are using plenty of the premium plugins.

It feels a bit expensive but it’s also starting to feel like one of better investments.
We yet have to unlock the potential of tinymce (want to create a full fledged email builder with it). But already I think it provides so much value, and saves so much dev time.

I think we will look at some premium plug-ins next month. The @lookup context is a neat feature and would add a lot of value to our email builder - just as you’re planning. We’re using merge fields, image includes and api2pdf.com for printing direct to AWS S3 buckets

Looking good! Maybe I will contact you for some advice re: email builder with tinymce in the future :slight_smile:

I haven’t looked at @lookup context

But I have implemented their merge tags plugin. How did you solve the merge tags then?

I do all the merging in the database prior to rendering. I also integrated liquid scripting to include sections or blocks of merged content (tables of data, image arrays, etc…).

Drop me a note anytime