Add storybook js support

This topic I’m bumping from August, 2020, as @George responded to a question about tools like Storybook

I’ve just been looking at https://storybook.js.org/ again, November 20, 2021

This is genius stuff!
I particularly like how each UI component can be displayed with all of its “powers” & use cases visually detailed in a full page render to help the designer see all of an UI component’s possibilities in his/her own project.

The whole application is set up inside the base folder where you have already built an app, at least, as I understand it, the API’s, database functionality, flows, etc.
I don’t see it capable of recognizing a Wappler project since the proprietary Wappler framework wouldn’t be recognized.
But, if it did, then it would on install add its own tools to the particular Wappler project so that the UI design would render in a browser during the UI component testing and finally integration of UI components to the Wappler app.

At any rate, George, YES, this does look like a very useful VISUAL tool to emulate into Wappler.

Maybe a click on “UI Components Playground” would open up a completely new window for a full-screen work environment.

Hi @NewMedia ,

Actually wappler does a better job . I guess when wappler users can develop client side components, I’m sure it will have better features than storyboard.js. Apart from being a component-based principle, is there a different feature that interests you? It caught my attention that it creates documents automatically. Because it would be really nice to create the documentation of a project we prepared in Wappler internally.

3 Likes