Active Directory / Integrated Windows Authentication, Authentication

Being able to utilize existing AD environment as a site security option. This would help in corporate environments.

This would also mean that the security provider should be able to store/update/delete user-groups in a database. this would then help in giving access to different section/features in a website.

Kind regards,

Nick

Pheaxx, you can actually add Integrated Windows Authentication without a plugin because you should be able to pick the username up from the server environment variables which should be available inside of Wappler. However the LDAP / AD integration would be fantastic to have in order to sync to an AD / LDAP environment and pull data in and to also authenticate.

1 Like

Can you explain how to do this ?

Have you already got windows integrated authentication switched on? If so it should be something as simple as accessing the $_SERVER[ā€˜REMOTE USERā€™] environment variable (this is PHP not asp) and then doing whatever you want to do to log the user in to the actual application

1 Like

ah thanks for your reply. I do have windows integrated authentication turned on (and anonymous turned off) Iā€™m now able to get the user name to appear on the page with

<%Response.Write(Request.ServerVariables(ā€œAUTH_USERā€))%>

but I cannot figure out how to get the data to appear in a text box or data update.

Iā€™m naughty and havenā€™t renewed my Wappler subscription yet so I cant show you but I would imagine you can get the server action to create a session variable where you can store the AUTH_USER in https://docs.wappler.io/t/using-session-variables/3320

I havenā€™t yet figured it out but this may be helpful, Iā€™ll try to keep you posted. Thanks for the advice

Integrating LDAP as a user directory in Wappler would be very usefully!

2 Likes