Action rename bug

Hello,

When attempting to rename a Server Action, it won’t let me change the case of letters and shows error that name exists…

For example if i rename Hello to HELLO it throws an error, i had to rename to something else and then back again.

/J

Guessing you are using windows, it is actually a bug in windows, if you rename a file in file manager changing case the same happens, the file is renamed but the display doesn’t change showing the wrong case

1 Like

On windows the file system is case-insensitive, so Hello and HELLO are the same file while on OSX and Linux who are case-sensitive they are different files.

1 Like

I have to make a correction about OSX, it seems that OSX default file system is case-insensitive (case preserving). It is however also possible to configure it to be case-sensitive.

With OSX it could be either, depends how your disk was partitioned from the very start

APFS
APFS (Case-sensitive)
Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)

I always reformat my disks to Case-sensitive because 99% of the time I am working with Linux web servers and those are Case-sensitive.

The only drawback I faced with APFS case-sensitive is with Creative Cloud from Adobe that won’t install.

1 Like