A lot of questions, "What is it?" and "How?" by the App Connect Flow component

I decided to work with the App Connect Flow component. At first glance, everything seems clear. But in the course of operation, questions immediately arise, the answers to which I could not find in any other topics, nor in the manual, nor in the documentation. I think that this topic will help not only me, but also other users to better understand the work of the App Connect Flow component.

Questions:

1. How to use parameters (a) correctly? How do I enter data in them? I tried to create and update a parameter from external sources (similar to how it is done with a variable, for example), but I couldn’t do it, because these parameters are simply not visible from outside.

How does the "Linked Field" (b) work? In what form and what information should I enter there?

2. I have a js function myFunction() on the page. The function is perfectly triggered by a static event. However, I need a number of other actions to be performed sequentially before starting it. I thought the ideal solution would be to implement this via App Connect Flow. However, as I didn’t try, I couldn’t launch the js function using Flow. Therefore, the following questions arose:

• in what format should I insert the function in the field to make it work correctly (a)?
  • the function field has an icon that opens "Data Bindings" (b), as if my function can be reflected there, why do I need it?
  • there is an argument field (с) how to use it correctly?
1 Like

@Teodor, @George or @patrick can you help me with these questions? I would be very grateful.