A better design experience and then bring it into Wappler

indeed it’s my feeling : the balance is not easy for Wappler team.
From my side what I feel hard / frustrating :

1. documentation and ecosystem of courses / videos etc.
  2. front end
  3. “the do this get that” bubble approach is very powerful / easy to understand for non dev.

Overall I will continue to learn with Wappler, but to be honest it’s more steep than expected and every time I want to do a simple thing I spend time searching in doc or community. Most of the time I find “kind of answer” but it’s too often outdated / non visual explanation (= code). I really miss the tons of video and courses we can find when learning bubble.

1 Like

Also Bubble does have a huge amount of people trying to start a business around it. With plugins, courses, templates, etc. So that helps new users start. But Bubble users spend huge amounts of money trying to bend Bubble to their needs.

Wappler approach is different. As they made the right choices at the beginning they can focus on delivering value to their tool.

While for each game-changing feature in Bubble you will get 100 announcements of Bootcamps, Blog posts, showcases, monthly updates, etc. That is because Bubble is such a mess due to wrong initial decisions and explosive growth that made them take more wrong decisions and now improving just a small thing takes them ages.

1 Like

Yes. Agree.
But ones time has value too.
I’m not against spending money in order to get good basis / strong idea of best approach / concepts / etc. The time you spend trying to figure it out has value and those courses / bootcamp can be very valuable.

1 Like

Have you gone through this course? It’s for 3.x but the basics are still the same.

Hopefully when they get version 4 bedded down the UI Wappler ide will be more stable to facilitate video tutorials and documentation. It has taken me about year to become confident using Wappler, but things have changed a lot since then and I would hate to try and work it out from scratch today!

yes, it’s the best source available in my opinion.
But again it’s just a very basic approach. It’s really the first step to get the big picture.

1 Like

how you learnt? what was your “strategy”?
dev background or you come from nocode world?

I can from Bubble and even though I am from the industry I was not a coder. I had to refresh on css and bootstrap and learn as I went. I found the courses offered helped jump start the process or understanding how Wappler process worked. I guess you could say coming into this I had general knowledge but still learning even and I have been able to build some pretty sophisticated functionality without having to write my own JavaScript!

Still got about a year to go to finish my app but pretty impressed with what I have been able to do. It has its shortcomings and some basic components missing such as drag and drop rows in a table and a few others. It is getting there though and by the time I have finished the app will be well worth the time I have invested.

1 Like