5G in Istanbul Airport

5G was tested in Turkey. The results are very good :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/d3_BaVcxzS0

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GiV-Ufkf9Ik

2 Likes

With these speeds we will soon not need cable/fiber connection to our homes, but just a 5G modem :slight_smile:
Inside my home, on my desk i get 800Mbps 5G speed on my phone.

2 Likes

yes, superonline in turkey now provides this service with a product called superbox. However, the current speed is around 600 mbt. It can be used anywhere.

2 Likes

I was wondering how much you pay monthly for this service ?
Everything here is incredibly expensive right now.

I am not using 5G for my home internet, i only have 5G for my mobile monthly plan - 15 eur/month for 20GB usage on 5G speeds. But for this price you can also get unlimited GB now as well.

At home i have a fibre connectivity 500 Mbit for ~14eur, you can get 1000 Mbit for about 20eur.

2 Likes

My connection at home ( fiber/cable) is about 160 TL. (~10 euros) but 100 Mbit. and not unlimited gb.
I don’t even want to think about the 500 or 1000 Mbit price :joy:

1 Like

Here in Holland you can get 1GB fiber for about 35-40 euro monthly for private persons.
Unlimited 5G is also about the same price.

Although I work in the communication sector, I still do not understand why the prices are so high :slight_smile:

@George Have these prices always been at this level in the Holland or have the prices been updated?

Could be worse. In the UK a lot of home 1Gb services are about ÂŁ60-65 (70-75 euros) per month :pound::pound::pound:

@bpj , It is very expensive… Why would it be so high when the internet has become a necessity like electricity and water…

The cynic in me says that it is because there are companies that know it’s a necessity and want to make huge profits

2 Likes

You made me green with envy :persevere:

I spend for 1 Gb line: 0 euro
I spend for 5Gb unlimited: 0 euro

Simply because it s not possible to get them outside big cities in Italy.

2 Likes

I currently pay 45 Euro per month for 200Mbit download and 100Mbit upload at home. I can get 1000Mbit download and 500Mbit upload for 85 Euro per month, but that I find to expensive and the 200Mbit are enough for me. I also pay 5 Euro extra for phone and don’t use television which would also cost extra.

The prices are for Germany, I only got fiber recently, before that I had DSL with 100MBit download and 30MBit upload for about the same price. Internet is still very expensive where I live :frowning:

2 Likes

Here in Buenos Aires, Argentina i pay $20 american dollars for 300Mbit download and 100Mbit upload, it works greate for me and if i want i can get 1000Mbit for $30. For my cell phone i pay $6 for 20gb and free calls inside my country.

1 Like

We (India) use ~€150 for a year of 200mbps fiber. 3300gb/m

Can get 1gbps for ~€900/yr

1 Like

Having unlimited 1000Mbit installed next week to home and business premises here in my small village in North of England. ÂŁ20 per month which is less than half what I am paying for 70Mbit with British Telecom. Sadly it is a service targeting support for rural communities only at present so not generally available to the population in UK

2 Likes

Non 5G
Fiber to house from local city internet provider in north central Germany.
Supposedly “1GB service”

Router has to transmit Wifi through concrete wall.
WLAN repeater on other side of wall gives me this sitting in the same room.

But as we all know, for app development you have to remember the lowest common denominator for users, such as the person sitting in an airport or train station, coffeeshop, city street, home.

Which is why relying on “Cloud” for Office suite Apps is ludicrous.

I was shocked when I first came to Europe at how expensive internet services were compared to the USA

And outrageous hotel wifi charges for 1991 telephone modem sputtering dropin-dropout “connectivity”.

Hosting company charges also ridiculously high.