4.0 Beta 3: Update query editor problem - goes blank when choosing table

Wappler Version : 4.0 B3
Operating System : Big Sur (M1)
Server Model: PHP & Node JS projects
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: AWS/Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

Adding an update query step to an API file should allow editing.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

When trying to edit an update query, I add the step and go to change the table and the whole Wappler UI goes blank and needs restarting:

Click ‘Update Options’ and try to add a table and everything disappears:

I have tried both Node and PHP projects and it does the same on both

Does this happen only on the database update dialog?

And also every time? Even after full Wappler beta restart? Make sure no other Wappler processes are running.

I just tried on my Apple M1 and everything is working as it should. Maybe it was a one time issue?

It happened the other day but I had to move onto 3.9.7 because I had a deadline. I made sure it was fully quit from the system tray before opening up 4 B3 and then it happened and continued despite restarting the Beta 3.

I just tried to restart the Mac and had to Force Quit 4 B3 - something wasn’t happy. It seems to work again now it has restarted but I’ll let you know if it plays up again.

Well it seems to me like a general Electron crash. Not really related to the Database Update.

If you can narrow it down to be able to reproduce it, will be really helpful

1 Like

In case it helps, the query window would open but when the table selector dropdown was clicked was when it all went wrong. I’ll let you know if I get more idea of a trigger (if it happens again)

This has been fixed in Wappler 4 beta 4

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.