When changing items in UI it is not updating in the code

Just to let you know that we are already working for some time on a brand new design view and Monaco code view synchronization.

It is a complete rebuild of the whole UI properties editing and synchronized code and design. With code as being the primary source of truth.

We are finalizing the new engine now and hope to give you a preview this or next week so you can try it out.

One thing is for sure - it is a giant step forward with mighty synchronization speed (real- time) and a rock solid editing.

So all problems like this one will be solved.

But we need to test it well first so we will be releasing it as experimental feature first for you to try it out and give us your feedback.

9 Likes

This is happening a lot with the latest release. I donā€™t think a video or debug log is required to see this happeningā€¦ Just open a page and start editing and you will soon see the issue arise. Split screen, edit one or two paragraphs, check the Source to see that nothing has been updated. Iā€™m now entering text directly in to the Source window to avoid changes not saving, and even putting my copy together in a text editor then pasting it in to the Source windowā€¦ Any idea when the experimental fixes will be rolled out @George?

A video will definitely help and a sample page

@George I posted a couple of logs to you a bit ago I agree with @Dave this is happening a lot now, its making Wappler not good on Mac as we are having to restart every few minutes.

1 Like

@George
2019-10-19_11-17-36.mp4 (2.0 MB)

This is a basic example but it gets worse, at least the text actually changed though! This issue is making it difficult to work without worrying that the changes have not actually been made to the Source and having to go back and double check everything. This is probably one of the most long standing issues with Wappler and has been documented quite a few times in the pastā€¦

in fairness @Dave it was good until a couple of updates ago and then it all started again. From memory it was something to do with the engine. Hopefully this upgrade wonā€™t be too far away. Knowing what @George is like Iā€™m sure he will be all over this in a hurry.

Iā€™ve mentioned it in the past a few times.

Itā€™s been intermittent then seemed to disappear then reappear recently with a vengeance, but yes, for some time the issue ceased to occur as often, but nowā€¦

yep I know what your saying @Dave. But realistically Wappler is still 1000% less buggy than DW :wink: and at least the guys do jump on the problems and sort them out pretty rapidly.

1 Like

ABSOLUTELY NO DENYING that @gunnery

Amazing software, truly! For every small bug there are a thousand plus points no doubt about that!

1 Like

@George any update on this issue or idea when it will be sorted? Itā€™s causing quite a bit of slow down on work.

Hi all,

As we are trying to reproduce this locally on our machines, weā€™d like to clarify one thing. I thought you were referring to properties changed in the App Structure not reflected in code, but now as i am looking at Daveā€™s video it seems heā€™s referring to the inline text editing.

So, for those having this issue is it happening when:

1. When you edit a property in App Structure, such as - a color, width or any other property in the App Structure Panel.

or

1. When you edit the text inline in design view, just as on Daveā€™s video.

Because these are 2 separate issues, which are not related.

First day non stop developing for a while @Teodor, had loads of issues with code view not being updated when changing things via app structure view.
Trying to get a debug log capture and will send when I have one.
Seems to get worse as you use Wappler for longer, restart normally clears the problem.

So for you it is the following case:

?

Please specify exactly which items were not updating and where. There are hundreds of UI controls and properties with different options.

Add some screenshots or movies.

Ideally we need ste by step reference to reproduce the problem so we can fix it

Also with a dedicated sample page so we can try it out.

It can be any element from Colour to spacing to adding a container. Itā€™s shows in the UI but it is not transferred to code so when you save it and preview it there is no changes and you have to restart wappler and do it all again.
Iā€™ve already submitted x2 logs

Unfortunately the logs doesnā€™t show anything special. We need more exact steps and screenshots to reproduce

thats strange, because both times the issues were happening, Iā€™ll try and get a video today.
Just reset my PRAM this morning so going to see if that helps.
I normally have a couple of other programs running at the same time, eg. Photoshop. not sure if that is relevant or not.

no that is not relevant