Welcome Bubblers! (An honest review)

Hai friend

I moved to wappler from bubble after price changes. I hope the wappler tech support and ex friend from bubble can help me. Thanks

:smile::smile::smile:

HI @devper and Welcome to Wappler!

We are happy to welcome you to the only coding home you will ever need !

Hi @devper.
Welcome. You won’t regret this move.

I had the same feeling. As someone who knows literally nothing about web development, databases or computers (only slightly kidding) I kinda thought it was hopeless, but I decided to give Wappler a try. Once I figured it out I discovered its actually quite easy. Obviously a greater learning curve than the set ups of Bubble and Web Flow, but the benefits of controlling all aspects of what you’re building massively outweigh the con of spending one day learning about setting up a database.

7 Likes

After evaluating the tool I’ve decided that it’s worth it. You will soon see my user tag change in the forum :slight_smile:

I will starting moving my Bubble personal projects to wappler.

7 Likes

Same here. I’m still a complete newbie but I think the one thing that sums it up is that in Wappler you are learning real development. They make building stuff easier than coding it all yourself but you are going to run into problems and you will need to work through them - these solutions apply to real development - not a no-code specific workflow tool that you will never use anywhere else.

If you are playing with an idea and you want to knock up an MVP then using whatever tool you are most familiar with is still the best solution. However if you find yourself tied into that tool and you build your product on it then your business relies on someone else to function and you have to accept that will always be the case.

Getting started on Wappler is tough if you haven’t set up a database or server before - I would strongly recommend following one of the existing set-up (database / server) guides to make your life easier. I didn’t do this and although i’m up and running now I very almost gave up (about 10 times). Start simple, build slowly and it wont be long before you are making actual things for yourself and your product that you can take anywhere if you decide to get extra help in the future.

The forum help is awesome too. I do feel bad for asking so many questions (maybe a newbie area for questions you have a feeling might be dumb would help) - Credit to @Teodor for helping me work out a few issues I was really stuck on :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You shouldn’t feel bad asking questions here at all.
That’s why we are here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DrNinjamonkey,

The only bad question is the one not asked. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And Bubble does a wonderful job at that because you can forget about infrastructure(setting up and maintaining).

But once you are passed the MVP you really need to take control of your business and Bubble does an awful job at that right now. If you resume all the posts in the forum the reality is that you are putting your future behind a “trust us” post. And that is very dangerous. Specially since they invited investors to the table(and their board).

With Wappler you just have to follow their promise that they will always do their utmost to provide the greatest builder powered by the community.

Wappler doesn’t have to promise impossible things. And Bubble is.

3 Likes

Yep exactly!

I still love “no code” and i still think its great that anyone can have a go at making anything, hopefully the space continues to grow - especially if some of the platforms are brave enough to give you the option to export your apps!

1 Like

100%. You’re not just learning to use another “app builder” but you are learning to use development techniques and languages that you may have never used before and will be useful for the years ahead.

1 Like

Hello @Shuteopengco, I am also from the Philippines. :sunny:
The price you pay for the license is nothing compared to what you can do with Wappler.
Really, I have looked everywhere for a Low-Code tool that can help me create something “solid” in a short amount of time and I am very lucky to have come across Wappler (checked out Bubble, Radzen, PHPRad, Scriptcase; but still can’t be compared to the more expensive tools like Outsystems, Mendix, Servoy, and of course Wavemaker).

Just like what people say, you have to invest in something that will be useful for you, and I suggest for you to start with the monthly plan. In any case, you have to start somewhere. :smile:

1 Like

Just to keep people updated, the new Wappler hosting service will be launched any day now, amazing prices and a great introductory deal. Anyone needing hosting before that can contact me directly, Beta testers get registration and hosting at cost for the first year!

5 Likes

What will be included in the hosting? What type of beta testers are you looking for?

Auto-scaling, load balanced shared platform cloud servers, domain, webspace, mailboxes, forwarders, MySQL, personal control panel; pretty much everything you could need. Beta testers will just be the first to use the automated registration system to check it works OK. Tester price will be around £25 (28 euros) for a year based on a .com domain with the basic package. Should be launched within about 48 hours

1 Like

I will be here awaiting to test the sign up process

1 Like

interested to beta test.
important: server locations in India? pricing flexibility - wrt to relatively low cost markets like India?

All servers are based in a UK data centre with 10 GB connection. Please message me with your requirements and I will see what i can out together for you. For example .com domain plus basic hosting will be a little under 2000 INR

Hey guys, is there any showcase apps built with wappler? I’m interested in projects that also have native apps to see what Wappler can do.

Look at the #showcase category