Website Error: Forbidden

I have a problem. I don’t know how to resolve it. I created 2 index.html pages. Page A has only one line of text to display. When the site is deployed it shows Page A. Page B is a fully constructed page using LUX Bootstrap 4 Theme. I tested the connection to OceanDigital from Wappler and it returned “successful”. The website browser returns the following error. See below.

Anyone have an idea what’s going on or how to correct it?

This is the browser error I am receiving:

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 8.01.24 PM

This is the Wappler code:

Thank you in advance.

What I would do is firstly check you server is configured properly.

Upload a basic file with just a H1 title in it (if this shows then it may not be your server, if it does not show then more than likely going to be a configuration on your servers end)
Make sure you clear caches

If it does work, then I would work backwards until you find the error.
eg. Removes Routes to see if it works…etc etc

Sorry its not given you the answer, but from my experience with issue, you just have to work your way backwards until you find the issue.

Hi Gunnery,

Issue is not with the server. As I mentioned earlier, Page A which contains one header text, does display. I see nothing fancy in the code (no routing). It’s weird.

Also, everything works fine locally under Docker.

Fair enough, only trying to help buddy.
You say you have no routing yet you have a base href on line 5

Also have you checked through you server file manager that the file is there, as when I put reflectionsedh.com/index.html in the browser I am getting the error was not found on the server, which would make me wonder if the file was actually there.

I did have a similar issue a while back and my files were being put into the incorrect folder that the domain was pointing to.

have just checked http://reflectionsedh.com/dmxAppConnect/dmxTyped/typed.min.js and this is showing.
so it looks like files should be there.

Have tried removing the base href ?? not sure if that would make a difference, but just trying to help trouble shoot it.

Not sure if this would help.

Thank you, Gunnery! I researched your article this morning and did not provide me with a solution. HOWEVER, I did find the issue and want to make everyone aware of this.

Solution: Wappler/Docker is file name case sensitive. I’m not sure whether Wappler creates the index.html upon creation. I believe it does. If so, it creates it in lowercase (index.html). If you create a new page (i.e. Index.html or Index.php in uppercase), in another folder, and swap it out with “index.html” (in lowercase) it will return this “Forbidden” message in the browser, after Deploy. Wappler will not allow you to rename the file from uppercase to lowercase. It returns a notification that the file already exists. The work around is to quit Wappler, open your (Finder in Mac) and rename it there. Then open Wappler and press Deploy. It works.

In summary, when working with the renaming of index.xxx make sure that the “i” in index is lowercase. If you can’t rename it in Wappler, then quit Wappler and go to your file manager and rename it there.

Hi Bruce,
Please check the following topic:

1 Like