Website cache without Docker?

Hello again,

I have the option to activate Redis in my server environment.
Is there a way to use a website cache without Docker?

Thank you for your help!

Yes, you can use an online Redis hosting like Managed Database by Digital Ocean

Thank you very much for your answer.

But isn’t there a possibility of caching on my own server?

You could use Cloudflare as a proxy and specify your own rules with regards to caching policies.

yes you can manually install Redis on your own server and connect to its address and port, just specify those in the redis options in server connect global options.

Thank you Cheese and George.

I tried to read up on Redis.
Unfortunately I don’t understand anything here.

Since the performance of my site is really not good, I need a cache solution.
With my old site with Wordpress, I was able to solve this with a simple plugin (with the old site I had a performance of 95%)

Is there a slightly simpler solution how I can create a server cache?

I am grateful for every tip!

I am treading into untested water here but one possible solution could be;

Let docker, using the resource manager, create a shared redis server on a service such as digital ocean.
I know you dont use docker generally, but I think you could then use this single instance to cache all your sites.
There are others on this forum who are more experienced with redis/docker who may be able to confirm this and advise.

Thank you Brian for the suggestion.

I would prefer a simple solution directly on my server.

A long time ago I saw a php script that, when the page is accessed, only has a line in the header with a query as to whether the page has a cached version and then this is posted, or if not, it stores a rendered version in a folder becomes.
Very easy.

Docker and Redis are completely new to me and I understand absolutely nothing here.

Therefore I would be happy about a simple solution.

If you don’t create a server outside of Wappler (use Resource Manager instead) and use docker in all of you project targets (local development and remote targets) then you can easily include Redis and not have to worry too much about how it works.

Do you have an idea where I can find tutorials on this?
I’ve been looking all day but can’t find anything

1 Like

The last doc is the newest one, and the new way to create cloud servers.

The other docker docs that use docker machine are deprecated.