wCart project

This short video will show how easy it is to import the wCart project into Wappler. The repository can be found at https://github.com/Wappler/wCart.

13 Likes

That is an amazing contribution to the community Ben, well done!

1 Like

Thank you Brian. In one of the next steps, I would like to ask you for your input, namely to tie the pay button to a Stripe payment gateway. I already have a working version for a Square payment system and want to see if we can find a universal method to incorporate the same. Will come back to you when I have reached that stage.

Will certainly help while I can. In truth I have never used stripe in a live project myself yet, the tutorials were based around me learning the api for the first time. I really should revisit stripe and develop my understanding better so what better way to do that than in this project.

1 Like

Thanks Ben for all the time you put into this community. It means a lot to see the passion you and the rest of the contributors put into Wappler.

As a user of Wappler, these video guides are invaluable.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words, Raymond, much appreciated. The project is far from finished and I have abbreviated the instructions somewhat. Further down the track, I will revise the instructions to include things like the inbuilt way to create a personalised Bootstrap theme.

Problem is that the project is always no. 3 on my list of priorities :sweat_smile:

1 Like

nice video. Groovy music! lol

1 Like

Hi @ben,

I just wanted to shout out a massive THANK YOU for providing this cool git sample project. I was just wondering, thinking, tinkering about using Wappler for ecommerce and regular CMS setups. UP until now I’ve used Wappler for pure business applications such as portals etc.

With your example it is quite easy to see that an ecommerce site would work quite easily! Thanks!

Other alternatives that I could think of were headless Woocommerce or strapi. However, my experience in customizing flows in Woocommerce are… well not optimal. Also the lack of speed leaves something to be desired.

So I’ll dive deeper into your example to see if Wappler would easily fit the ecommerce bill vs Strapi or Woocommerce / shopify etc.

Any thought on this CMS / webshop subject are highly appreciated.

bg

Jelle

1 Like

Building an ecommerce site in Wappler is now very straight forward using Data Store for the cart and Stripe for the payments.

1 Like

What do you mean exactly with Data Store? Stripe is pretty clear, looking forward to try it out!

With apologies for the poor narration, have a look at this series

Amazing, thanks Ben! Super grateful that you share this kind of content :confetti_ball:

1 Like

@ben these videos helped me a lot on my first Wappler project! Thank you so much!

1 Like